Metrolink to / from Etihad

It will be difficult to have an underground in the city centre.
The area has a lot of activity already underground such as the nuclear bunker under Piccdilly Gardens, culverts for the River Tib and Shooters Brook as well as sewers. Then there is the old canal running from the Irwell to underneath GMEX plus old buildings with 2 floors of underground car parks plus a disused / filled in canal called the Dukes Tunnel linking the Medlock (at the back of India House on Whitworth St) to Piccadilly station
Just go deeper, the Glasgow subway is like the Big Dipper going under the Clyde

Just go deeper, the Glasgow subway is like the Big Dipper going under the Clyde

Not sure they could ever justify the huge expense of an underground system in Central Manchester?

The two most extreme points of the city centre are probably about a 20 minute walk for the average person.

By the time you’ve fucked about getting down to it, waited for the train, the journey and then back up the other end, you could probably have walked there and back.

Not sure they could ever justify the huge expense of an underground system in Central Manchester?

The two most extreme points of the city centre are probably about a 20 minute walk for the average person.

By the time you’ve fucked about getting down to it, waited for the train, the journey and then back up the other end, you could probably have walked there and back.
For an ever increasing number of our population it’s become a 30 minute waddle

For an ever increasing number of our population it’s become a 30 minute waddle

There’s that. But the vast majority of people aren’t travelling between the two extremes.

Most people will go from like Piccadilly Station to Market Street. Or Victoria to Deansgate.

Even the waddlers aren’t going to fuck about on a train for that. Especially as there’s probably a load of steps involved.

I only went to the Huddersfield cup match last season but had a drink in The Grove afterwards and the tram was fine maybe an hour after the game.

I’d otherwise walk as I’m able to.

It was a card last year that you tap in and out with.
Except that you don’t really have to tap in. You need it to get through the barrier at the Etihad. Otherwise it is just to have if an inspector arrives. It doesn’t really happen on match days for obvious reasons.

Except that you don’t really have to tap in. You need it to get through the barrier at the Etihad. Otherwise it is just to have if an inspector arrives. It doesn’t really happen on match days for obvious reasons.
Pretty sure it says you must tap in and out. But I've not been asked for it on the tram before, not sure what they would do if you hadn't tapped in.

Pretty sure it says you must tap in and out. But I've not been asked for it on the tram before, not sure what they would do if you hadn't tapped in.
You get fined £120 (pay later) or £60 to the inspector.

If you tap in but don’t tap out within 2hrs you get charged the max single journey of £4.60. If you start another journey after 2hrs and do the same you get charged another £4.60. The danger is if you “tap in” at the start of another journey within the initial 2 hrs then you are technically tapping out and risk the £60/£120 fine. A few have been caught with this especially if they use multiple cards by mistake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.