Metrolink to / from Etihad

I was going to ask this.

I always head to Town for some breakfast and spend three hours in a pub, and only then head to to Etihad.

Would I be able to use this card at 9am, tap in near mine and tap out in Town, then use it again to tap in at a Met stop in Town at about 2pm and head to the Etihad?
Yes the terms state unlimited travel on the metro on a match day.

Yes the terms state unlimited travel on the metro on a match day.

There's a restriction in the T&C's that you don't double back on yourself. For example, you wouldn't be able to go from Ashton to Town then back to the Etihad. However, you can do Didsbury to Town, break your journey for as long as you like, then continue to the Etihad. The same applies in reverse.

EDIT: The other main T&C is that travel is only permitted after 09:30 on weekdays , but there is no restrictions on Saturdays or Sundays. Also travel is only permitted for senior men's team matches at the Etihad (i.e. not for Women's or Youth team matches).

Last edited:
They should allow OAP’s in the fast-track queue, I am sick to death of winding my way through the sheep pens. It could be the deciding factor in me eventually giving up my season ticket.
No they shouldn't I'm afraid. If you're a ST holder and regularly use the tram on match days, a metro season ticket could be a cost effective option if you're spending more than £74 a season on tram travel.

They should allow OAP’s in the fast-track queue, I am sick to death of winding my way through the sheep pens. It could be the deciding factor in me eventually giving up my season ticket.
A whining OAP, to tight to shell out for a fast track.
I only use mine from Piccadily stn to Etihad for me it's a bargain to save time ,
PS Some FOC feel there entitled to everything going ,by the way I'm 81.

A whining OAP, to tight to shell out for a fast track.
I only use mine from Piccadily stn to Etihad for me it's a bargain to save time ,
PS Some FOC feel there entitled to everything going ,by the way I'm 81.
Read the small print:
  • (5). MMST holders have no precedence over other passengers and Keolis Amey Metrolink accepts no liability for loss, expense or inconvenience arising as a result of lack of accommodation for MST holders at any place or time.
So creating a fast track lane at the stadium actually flies in the face of their own conditions.

Many thanks for alerting me to this, I shall be taking things further.

Went in to Altrincham this morning to renew my Tram/Train on my concessionary card.

No trams running and hoards of blokes milling around the bus station desperately trying to get transport to Old Trafford for the test match.

Thank god this didn't happen tomorrow.

Read the small print:
  • (5). MMST holders have no precedence over other passengers and Keolis Amey Metrolink accepts no liability for loss, expense or inconvenience arising as a result of lack of accommodation for MST holders at any place or time.
So creating a fast track lane at the stadium actually flies in the face of their own conditions.

Many thanks for alerting me to this, I shall be taking things further.

Seriously?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.