Metrolink to / from Etihad

Will the Metrolink be running normally tomorrow. They are just reporting disruptions after the storm last night.

All routes currently open.
Tomorrow there's a reduced service on the Eccles to Ashton route (every 15 minutes instead of the normal 12 minute frequency) in order to provide vehicles and crews for extra services on the Airport route for the New Order concert in Wythenshawe Park.
I guess Metrolink have a fine balancing act with that event, football at the Etihad, cricket at Old Trafford, Peter Kaye at the AO Arena, and Pride events in the city centre.

All routes currently open.
Tomorrow there's a reduced service on the Eccles to Ashton route (every 15 minutes instead of the normal 12 minute frequency) in order to provide vehicles and crews for extra services on the Airport route for the New Order concert in Wythenshawe Park.
I guess Metrolink have a fine balancing act with that event, football at the Etihad, cricket at Old Trafford, Peter Kaye at the AO Arena, and Pride events in the city centre.
Yes why aren’t the Rags at home?

Yes the Metrolink Match ticket is a way of saving money if you go to all the games at the Etihad. Nowhere does it state you get fast access to the platform after a game.
Yes it does..

Ahead of the 2024/25 season, we wanted to remind you of an exclusive Season Ticket benefit we offer.

In partnership with TfGM, Season Ticket members can benefit from a discounted season long Metrolink tram ticket. This fixed price ticket covers your travel to/from Etihad Campus for every first team home match across all competitions, from any stop on the tram network.

Trams are a fast and frequent way to get around on a match day and you can even break your journey on the way if you need to. Metrolink Matchday Season Ticket holders also get priority boarding via the Fast Track lane for city bound trams at the Etihad Campus stop after each match.

Yes the Metrolink Match ticket is a way of saving money if you go to all the games at the Etihad. Nowhere does it state you get fast access to the platform after a game.

So? It has been that way for years. Its been referred to for years in the blurb. Simple fact is you want to get something for free when others pay £74 for it. So, your solution is for no-one to get it. You have the same opportunity to pay your £74 if you value the fast track that much....

Went in to Altrincham this morning to renew my Tram/Train on my concessionary card.

No trams running and hoards of blokes milling around the bus station desperately trying to get transport to Old Trafford for the test match.

Thank god this didn't happen tomorrow.
Fast pass holders don't have precedence for getting on the tram, they do however have a faster queue - two completely different things.

So? It has been that way for years. Its been referred to for years in the blurb. Simple fact is you want to get something for free when others pay £74 for it. So, your solution is for no-one to get it. You have the same opportunity to pay your £74 if you value the fast track that much....

I've chosen to pay the £74 this year simply to use the fast track entrance.
I travel to and from matches with someone with mobility issues, and walking from the Colin Bell stand to the East Stand to join the back of the tram queue after each match last season was becoming very time consuming.
Ironically, if I was travelling on my own, I'd always walk from and back to Castlefield, so wouldn't need to use the tram at all!
We're both on all cup schemes so the passes will pay for themselves, but also looking forward to saving round about 40 minutes after each match this season!

I've chosen to pay the £74 this year simply to use the fast track entrance.
I travel to and from matches with someone with mobility issues, and walking from the Colin Bell stand to the East Stand to join the back of the tram queue after each match last season was becoming very time consuming.
Ironically, if I was travelling on my own, I'd always walk from and back to Castlefield, so wouldn't need to use the tram at all!
We're both on all cup schemes so the passes will pay for themselves, but also looking forward to saving round about 40 minutes after each match this season!
As I've mentioned, I've got the metrolink pass and it suits me as I go to the games on my own and I'd be using the tram regardless. So it probably saved me a few quid over the season which is obviously great. In regards to the fast track I don't use every game as I'm in SSL 3, and by the time I've walked round the stadium and waited for the tram I've walked to Piccadilly for a bit of exercise. I pick the tram up there. I go in the family stand for cup games so generally get straight on the tram at the stadium. Hopefully the metro ST is really beneficial for yourselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.