Metrolink to / from Etihad

How busy does the park and ride get at Ashton Moss on a match day?. I usually get the train from Stockport then the tram from Piccadily however due to the strikes on SatI am thinking of doing the 20 min drive to Ashton then getting the tram from there but would be screwed if I got there and couldn't park.
Have PM'd you

Did anyone see those nobhead Barnsley fans on the tram to town after the match givin it Billy big bollocks “Manchester’s a shit hole I wanna go home” etc? What the fuck a load of Barnsley fans were doing at the match is beyond me. And them singing Manchester’s a shithole, how ironic!!

If they were the lads I think they were, they were sat a row behind me in CB3. They never shut up singing their weird nursery rhymes all match & got particularly giddy when Phillips was introduced, shouting "Yorkshire, Yorkshire, Yorkshire".
They sounded like they were FOCs, but when I turned round to laugh at them, they only appeared to be late teens to early twenties.

How busy does the park and ride get at Ashton Moss on a match day?. I usually get the train from Stockport then the tram from Piccadily however due to the strikes on SatI am thinking of doing the 20 min drive to Ashton then getting the tram from there but would be screwed if I got there and couldn't park.
I get the bus when I stay at Stockport Travelodge.
Takes a while compared to train but a five pound day ticket gets you to the Etihad as well.

The park and ride most people use gets very busy but most don't realise that the stop before which is Aston road west is also a park and ride. The parking based behind Cineworld and clearly signposted but hardly used.

When I get to a game we always stay at the Ashton travel lodge next to Sheldon Arms near Snipe retail park and metro stop,great pub and good transport never a problem.

What's the best bus/tram route from Alkrington please? #
Think you're better off on the bus, as you'd need to go a fair distance to a tram stop (Crumpsall) and then go through the city centre and probably have to change to another tram at Piccadilly Gardens. The 53 goes from Crumpsall hospital via Boggart Hole Clough directly past the stadium but you'd need to catch a bus from Alkrington to pick it up, maybe the number 17 or 18. The 53 is only every 30 mins though, 60 mins in the evenings.

Think you're better off on the bus, as you'd need to go a fair distance to a tram stop (Crumpsall) and then go through the city centre and probably have to change to another tram at Piccadilly Gardens. The 53 goes from Crumpsall hospital via Boggart Hole Clough directly past the stadium but you'd need to catch a bus from Alkrington to pick it up, maybe the number 17 or 18. The 53 is only every 30 mins though, 60 mins in the evenings.
Thank you very much @Citizen of Legoland it’s for my d-i-l on Saturday. I’ll pass on that information. Cheers :-)

I get the bus when I stay at Stockport Travelodge.
Takes a while compared to train but a five pound day ticket gets you to the Etihad as well.
What bus number is it from Stockport that goes to the Etihad mate? Is there a direct one, or is it a case of 192 then get another bus/walk ??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.