Metrolink to / from Etihad

Unfortunately the system is flawed. I walk back past the Mitchell Arms (as was) Virtually every match cars/taxis block the tram tracks as they queue to get near the ground stopping trams on both directions. They need to make that area car free for a certain period after games.
Or car drivers should be rammed by trams, akin to Gauntlett on Gladiators. Never understood how anyone would put a few small tonnes between them and a mega-vehicle that is bright yellow and toots like a camp banshee in heat.

Unfortunately the system is flawed. I walk back past the Mitchell Arms (as was) Virtually every match cars/taxis block the tram tracks as they queue to get near the ground stopping trams on both directions. They need to make that area car free for a certain period after games.
I was on one of the altrincham trams on Saturday. everything went really smooth. Left level 3 east stand just after the final whistle, through the tram queuing system without waiting and got on a double tram no problem. The tram left and all was going well until we hit the junction with the Mitchell arms pub then stopped for 5 minutes. trams going to the Etihad also couldn’t get past due to cars on the tram tracks. Surely this is a major flaw in the system and it has a big knock on effect with all the other trams. The road should either be closed to cars for maybe an hour after the match or how about compulsory purchasing the buildings alongside the road and widening the road. Most of building seem abandoned and derelict on that stretch Anyway. Maybe the cost would be high but worth it in the long run.

It is just crazy to allow cars to compete with trams and buses in that area. The road should be shut to general traffic after the match, perhaps just allowing pedstrians, taxis, buses, and trams. I have never seen such a fiasco at any other UK stadium in 57 years of watching City. I don't understand why they can't do this. Last weekend the trams were backed up from the Mitchells almost to Picadilly Station. Absolutely no traffic control.

It’s unsafe and not fit for purpose on matchdays, can’t believe the parking has been restricted, that’s another £200 out of pocket over a season for parking

Definitely best staying on until St. Peters at least, as you can pick up any coming from both Piccadilly and Victoria there.

I missed one from the ground by literally a couple of seconds and was about to start cursing when another one appeared before the first one had even fully left the platform.

Never seen that before.

Maybe I’ve just been lucky but I think they’ve improved this season.
They haven't improved going towards Ashton..it's a joke of a service

Cars stationary on the tram lines is selfish and ignorant to the extreme. Cameras should pick them up and issue a PCN.

I’d be tempted to stay on until Deansgate and change there. You’re reducing your chance of getting a seat on one that’s come through from Eccles.

But I’ve seen them starting empty double specials from Deansgate, more than once. Presumably as it’s pretty much the only stop with more than two platforms, that they can hold one at for a while.
I used to do that regularly but heard they’re stopping the specials for evening games, because of the newly extended evening service from Alty to the Etihad instead of Piccadilly

Cars stationary on the tram lines is selfish and ignorant to the extreme. Cameras should pick them up and issue a PCN.

There are some stretches where the tram lines go right down the middle of roads, that cars have every right to also use.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.