Micah Richards (2014/15)

Re: Micah Richards

Love Micah to bits - but the reason he doesn't play is that Zabs makes better decisions and uses his head. Micah can be a 'headless chicken' and will give penalties and free kicks away. Zabs makes great calculated decisions - whether fouls or decisve tackles. He was immense tonight and is a candidate for Player of the Year again. Zabs is a like a proper foot soldier - someone you'd like to have in the trenches with you!!

EL APACHE TEVEZ said:
I think he needs to call it a day.

For fuck sake he's had a full year out with injury and then some so give him a chance. He's an academy grad FFS! Besides that he was a key player in the title winning season and I felt he offered us another dynamic to our play that season.

M24 Citizen said:
EL APACHE TEVEZ said:
I think he needs to call it a day.

For fuck sake he's had a full year out with injury and then some so give him a chance. He's an academy grad FFS! Besides that he was a key player in the title winning season and I felt he offered us another dynamic to our play that season.

No room for sentiment though. We are fast tracking success now, and he either needs to appreciate that its a squad game or look for pastures new. Southampton had some decent full backs, so there are plenty about. Once he lost he ability to defend centrally and competently - the writing was on the wall.

Gutted for him when he came off injured but tbh the game seemed to change when he came off...

The past is usually a good indication of the future, and we simply can not hang on to a player just because he's a local kid, or a nice guy or for other sentimental aspects.

Zabba can't play every single game, and we need someone to breathe down his neck in training.

I sadly say it's time to face reality and start thinking about a City without Micah. Try to bring in Clyne in his place and while at it also go for Shaw for the left back position.

Much as I love his enthusiasm, it's a long time now since the 1-6, and with every game he misses he's adding to Zabaleta's load. If the injury is bad, I think we'll have to bring someone in during the window.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.