Micah Richards

He was excellent tonight and still shows a desire to wear the shirt

johnmc said:
wythenshaweblue£££ said:
With him being out for a while its gna time him time to get back to his best. But hopefully he will come good and stay fit for the rest of the season. Most of us agree we would love him playing back in city colours as he's a local lad.

Leeds is local?

He's been here since he was 14, he's a naturalised Manc by now. ;-)

Good to see him charging down the right flank again, him and Navas together must terrify defenders.

johnmc said:
wythenshaweblue£££ said:
With him being out for a while its gna time him time to get back to his best. But hopefully he will come good and stay fit for the rest of the season. Most of us agree we would love him playing back in city colours as he's a local lad.

Leeds is local?

Its more local than the fans favourites of Kompany and Zabaleta

My heart was in my mouth when he landed heavily and from height in the second half. Just dusted himself off and played on. I think his enthusiasm and drive make him instantly likeable to the fans, but I think in crunch games Zabaleta's mental discipline will see him get the manager's nod.

Richards is one of the best fullbacks in the world, on his day he is dani alves on steroids. Once he gets fit again he will form a dominating partnership with navas in terms of attacking and he is work horse when running back into right-back to defend. I remember him shutting Ronaldo down when he was at his peak for united.

Has a great understanding with Milner who offers himself for the ball, holds it up allowing Micah to overlap then finds him repeatedly. One ball round the outside last night was particularly good and Micah's cross was smashed against the bar by Lopes. I think our right side is sorted if he can stay fit. Zab, Micah, Navas and Milner give us great options which cover all bases.

Was great last night, but I was wondering if he does need to tone it down to protect himself a bit more.

Would be a shame as theres nothing quite like Micah in full flight.

Was thinking of comparisons last night on the way home. Could only think of Yaya and Jonah Lomu in terms of physically dominating an opponent.

kenzie115 said:
Has a great understanding with Milner who offers himself for the ball, holds it up allowing Micah to overlap then finds him repeatedly. One ball round the outside last night was particularly good and Micah's cross was smashed against the bar by Lopes. I think our right side is sorted if he can stay fit. Zab, Micah, Navas and Milner give us great options which cover all bases.

Spot on! I was equally impressed and surprised at just how effective the Nasri and Kolorov combination was both in defence and attack against the rags. I don't think Clichy and Silva work as well because Silva likes to cut inside and often uses Clichy as a decoy runner. Clichy's end product is also not as good as Kolorov. Again though, a combination of those 4 will be very effective. The best thing about Pellegrini's rotation means that players stay rested and get game time depending on their needs. He isn't afraid to change things up and we have such a wide range of options to play in different positions we should be able to keep teams guessing in terms of how we will line up and what to expect. I think that is crucial, we were found out last season in terms of a lack of width and teams just put men behind the ball. There is quicker passing and more movement already this season. Back to Richards, hope he remains fit from now on, he works hard of the pitch and is one of the most exciting full backs in the league in terms of pace and power going forward.

moomba said:
Was great last night, but I was wondering if he does need to tone it down to protect himself a bit more.

Would be a shame as theres nothing quite like Micah in full flight.

Was thinking of comparisons last night on the way home. Could only think of Yaya and Jonah Lomu in terms of physically dominating an opponent.
Said that last night. He plays with such intensity you can see why he gets injured. Great performance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.