Micah..

Seems we're set on hounding out another "old" player.

When players make mistakes you don't go and bury them for it

Hes not built for a right back, in todays football right backs need technical ability and have the ability to create things and get good crosses over. I think hes a center half, Hes quick, strong, good in the air. Unfortunatly i just dont think hes good enough for our center back slots. Not a bad player but certainly not a good right back.

i am not the biggest richards fan, and would prefer to see zaba there now until boateng is fit

however i thought he had a good game yesterday (unitl the 94th minute)

he tackled, chalenged, made some good runs and won the ball in attacking areas

if he can improve his tactical side he'll be a great player, but for the moment he is a liability at the back as his challenge proved, he was out of position, and how he wasnt sent off i will never know

hope he improves but i wont hold my breath

Marvin said:

So how many mistakes should we allow Micah???. Yeah fair enough Tevez missed a sitter but he scored 29 last season so not a problem. My main problem with Micah is that I cant see him improving, he is making the same mistakes he has being doing for years. If we have aspirations of winning the Prem or even getting 4th we have to let him go. People shouldnt be shot down for pointing out the obvious, or have their loyalty to the team questioned because they think our right back is a muppet and will cost us points.

Blue Smarties said:
i kne albert davy said:
never been richards greatest fan but come on guys he weren,t at fault for us losin today we had loads of chances to be out of sight of sunderland an didn,t take em defender drops a bollock and he,s beenin sent t the rochdale salt mines
Have to agree with this post.
So would i if i understood it. :p

Marvin said:

But the thing is its not one mistake, he has made far too many the past 2 seasons, and we're just throwing away costly points. Its evident that he's a weaklink in the team, and its naive to keep playing him in the faint hope he will get better, because he just isnt improving. I don't like the phrase "not good enough for where we're going" but is Richards good enough for a team with title aspirations, which is what we're aiming to be? The answer on the evidence I've seen of him, is no. If he was a Chelsea or United player, he would have been shown the door a while ago, he's had his chances and has mucked them up, and I'm just sick of this buffoons antics.

Unknown_Genius said:
Marvin said:

But the thing is its not one mistake, he has made far too many the past 2 seasons, and we're just throwing away costly points. Its evident that he's a weaklink in the team, and its naive to keep playing him in the faint hope he will get better, because he just isnt improving. I don't like the phrase "not good enough for where we're going" but is Richards good enough for a team with title aspirations, which is what we're aiming to be? The answer on the evidence I've seen of him, is no. If he was a Chelsea or United player, he would have been shown the door a while ago, he's had his chances and has mucked them up, and I'm just sick of this buffoons antics.

This.....there are too many times when he gets caught by a player going in the gap between the right sided centre half and himself (ala the goal in Fergie time at the Swamp last season) and he also invites the winger to cross or go past him (see Lowry-esque diagram earlier in this thread) rather than dictating what they do. He seems to hope his pace can get him across and able to make a tackle. He is often facing our goal due to his inability to sprint back. Too often he jogs back when we lose the ball, leaving a hole in which the opposition can get at us and exploit.

Today's game is about speed and strength, which Micah has when he wants to use it. But its also about intelligence and guile. I don't know him on a personal level, so can only comment on what I see with regards his football intelligence, and there doesn't seem to be sufficient to earn him a place in a team that has title or CL aspirations.

It seems the case with a few of our Academy products in the last few years that the success there was built on strong solid teams, and perhaps Mancini has looked at that and hence the change in personnel there, to instil a thought process in the players that can take them to the first team and the next level with the club.

And finally, before I have to put my tin hat on, I'm not looking to hound a player out, and I will support every player while he's wearing the shirt on the pitch...I'll support my club as I did on Radio 5 last night, but I want to see us win something, and we may have to lose some players along the way with no room for sentiment!

i thought his rugby tackle was immaculate. I mean come on guys,it stopped bent from scoring with a free header from 4 yards. Don`t forget micahs still a kid,got lots to learn yet and is by far the finished article. Lets not turn him into another richard edgehill eh...

Micah tends to get used as a bit of a scapegoat at times, anyone who knows anything about football can see he is a very limited player.

He is big, quick and strong but he he can't pass, cross and stay concentrated for a full 97 minutes. Personally don't think we shoud hound him out if the club as he could well be a valued member of the squad but I imagine when Boateng is back fit that Micah will be back up.

I prefer Micah to Zaba personally and I also feel that David Silva could have done a lot more to stop the cross coming in for Bent.

Did anyone else notice his stroll when he should have been busting a gut to get back just incase barry got skinned. He had only just come on aswell the lazy twat. In fact it was his wank header that gave them posession in the 1st place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.