Micah..

scorer said:
hgblue said:
When was the last time that Micah dropped a massive bollock that resulted in a goal?

Ummmmm Saturday???

Wrong side of forward in the centre of the goal.... resulted in him dragging Bent down.
thats clever saturday n sunday

scorer said:
hgblue said:
When was the last time that Micah dropped a massive bollock that resulted in a goal?

Ummmmm Saturday???

Wrong side of forward in the centre of the goal.... resulted in him dragging Bent down.

Bent was offside imo, so if the officials had done their jobs properly, he wouldn't have had to drag him down. Before that?

hgblue said:
scorer said:
Ummmmm Saturday???

Bent was offside imo, so if the officials had done their jobs properly, he wouldn't have had to drag him down. Before that?

Irrelevant.... if he was offside, why did Micha feel the need to bring him down?

He did not play particularly well against Spurs, took an age to get back when he went forward and was forever getting skinned by Bale.

Unfortunately I think Micha is being exposed by the wealth of tallent that surrounds him, I cannot see him being the first choice RB but will be a great understudy/backup as a squad member.

I don't think Micah CHOSE to bring him down. There are a million things a second to think about as a defender, and most of the time you work on instinct. Players build up an instinct through regular training and playing games. He brought him down yes, but personally I think that he was losing his balance and as he was touch tight and caught in two minds between offside/goalside, he made a mistake.

If we slag off every player when they make a single mistake as we have done post-Sunderland with Richards and Tevez, we'd have nobody left to cheer.

scorer said:
hgblue said:

Irrelevant.... if he was offside, why did Micha feel the need to bring him down?

He did not play particularly well against Spurs, took an age to get back when he went forward and was forever getting skinned by Bale.

Unfortunately I think Micha is being exposed by the wealth of tallent that surrounds him, I cannot see him being the first choice RB but will be a great understudy/backup as a squad member.

Of course it's relevant. You criticize Micah for not being goal side, yet refuse to accept that Bent being offside is relevant? The original cross was going nowhere near Bent, and a wicked deflection meant it was heading straight for his napper. What was Micah supposed to do? Stand there with his hand in the air appealling for offside, or bust a gut to try and get back? Noone wants to talk about Silva giving the ball away in the build up, or Barry being skinned like he wasn't there, or Mancini putting Barry at left back. Lets all blame Micah again. It smacks of scapegoatism, and I just don't like it. Still waiting for these other goals he's cost us by the way.

hgblue said:
Of course it's relevant. You criticize Micah for not being goal side, yet refuse to accept that Bent being offside is relevant? The original cross was going nowhere near Bent, and a wicked deflection meant it was heading straight for his napper. What was Micah supposed to do? Stand there with his hand in the air appealling for offside, or bust a gut to try and get back? Noone wants to talk about Silva giving the ball away in the build up, or Barry being skinned like he wasn't there, or Mancini putting Barry at left back. Lets all blame Micah again. It smacks of scapegoatism, and I just don't like it. Still waiting for these other goals he's cost us by the way.

Look, you asked for AN example where Micha made a mistake that resulted in a goal, I provided one.

Frankly I don't think he is of a high enough calibre to be an automatic first team selection. I appreciate you may think differently and respect that, it does not mean we will agree.

I think Micha is too slow getting back and that was very evident against Spurs, things like that are not always picked upon the telly but are painfully evident at the stadium, as it was to me. He may be having a crisis of confidence, I dont know. All I can tell you is that when Boateng is back fit he should, in my opinion, be the second selection for RB.

What you shouldn't do is look for scapegoats to cover his mistake, just accept it happened,because it did, and move on.

hgblue said:
scorer said:

You'll be waiting a while our kid, we've only played three games and let in 1 goal, however if you go back to last season then i'm sure folk will find a few...especially out of position examples. Maybe folk are'nt keen on chatting about it cause it's simply a three on three with Micah in position, whatevers gone on before that three on three is really by the by, the situation is fairly standard to defend, especially with an ariel ball with the greatest leaper of all time in a blue shirt. However if he's not in position or he's playing an offside on his jacks then everthing changes.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why he chooses to drop an opponent from behind when the ball is running out of play (our throw) with no hope of anybody successfully saving it.

Micah played the offside on his jacks last year v Arsenal, Rosinsky could'nt believe his luck. Did he bring Saha down with his maulers in the box, i know some folk on here said it was'nt a pen even with his shirt flying like a kite (3x's), to do it three times and before the player is actually passed....fuck all to do with being 22 that.

I honestly thought before the goal that Micah was having a good game. In fact up to taking Lescott off the whole defence played well. I'm prepared to give him time, working with Italians can only improve him defensively.

Palerider said:
I honestly thought before the goal that Micah was having a good game. In fact up to taking Lescott off the whole defence played well. I'm prepared to give him time, working with Italians can only improve him defensively.

Thats half a fair comment Palerider, however i'd prefer not to have any fullbacks willing to sacrifice a winger crossing a ball into our penalty area simply cause they've switched feet. I doubt they're taught to do this, so i'd prefer they went on loan and did it for another club to see if they are over the moon with a paid fullback stood watching a winger ping balls into thier area. We should'nt be teaching 22 yr olds the basics of football in real time, least not on a regular basis.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.