Micah..

This.....there are too many times when he gets caught by a player going in the gap between the right sided centre half and himself (ala the goal in Fergie time at the Swamp last season) and he also invites the winger to cross or go past him (see Lowry-esque diagram earlier in this thread) rather than dictating what they do. He seems to hope his pace can get him across and able to make a tackle. He is often facing our goal due to his inability to sprint back. Too often he jogs back when we lose the ball, leaving a hole in which the opposition can get at us and exploit.

5 live's on the money, Kompany got across to offer resistance, so did Kolo, Micah was facing his own net when goalside of the ball, there is'nt an excuse for that, it's like twatting someone up the arse-end and chatting all the yeah but's you want...facing his own net, end of.

He just about seemed to get it with offering resistance to crosses, though he mus'nt have got to page 2 yet cause crosses from a winger that travel from outside-in don't seem to be worthy of objection, perhaps he's simply studying 'em to get a drift on how to do it the other end. Sorry boys and girls i realise i've slaughtered the kid but if i did'nt know better then i'd swear he was on a faking it caper, what other excuse is there for tackleing an opponent when the balls running out of play (they touchd it last) and giving away a free-kick 10 yards from the corner flag...whats the excuse? it's hard to dream one up. He's too heavy set to be sprinting up and down, Clough made sure his players did'nt expell uneccessary energy after scoring a goal, knowing well enough that goals often come the other way immediately after. Same dance with Micah, he does'nt place his hands on his knees to purposefully allow a winger a butchers at his next move, oh no, oh no Yoko oh no... too heavy set for the role. Ideally he'd be a centre-half with some kind of quasi hero role in tow. Lets hope he ain't lol or circumnavigating the blame in training this week.

The thing with Richards is, yes he did have a decent game, put in some good tackles etc etc etc

BUT he is just a mistake waiting to happen and his poor positional sense has killed us a fair few times over recent seasons.

mike24 said:
The thing with Richards is, yes he did have a decent game, put in some good tackles etc etc etc

BUT he is just a mistake waiting to happen and his poor positional sense has killed us a fair few times over recent seasons.
does nobody think the guy was offside when the cross got sent in anyway

if the nevilles play for england so can i, is the song ...well same for richards i am afraid ..,if richards can play for CITY so can i

when richards plays we have a massive target for teams to attack because at some point in a game he will drop a massive bollock that often results in a goal. the sooner boateng is fit the better

His job is to defend and position himself to do so. Too many times he runs up the flank thinking he's some kind of modern day Thuram, but forgets to DEFEND!

A notable issue I personally have with him is his desire to get back after this happens.
I've seen this situation TOO MANY times, where he's lost the ball, with say AJ in front of him... A minute later Kolo/Komany are ushering a defender near the corner flag and the nearest player to RB is AJ 10 yards away, Where's Micah???? On the half way line!

Let's not forget the Bolton game at home where when he got caught out in his own half, he feigned an injury so he didn't have to run back!

I have no time at all for Micah Richards.

slicky202 said:
when richards plays we have a massive target for teams to attack because at some point in a game he will drop a massive bollock that often results in a goal. the sooner boateng is fit the better

When was the last time that Micah dropped a massive bollock that resulted in a goal?

hgblue said:
slicky202 said:

When was the last time that Micah dropped a massive bollock that resulted in a goal?

Ummmmm Saturday???

Wrong side of forward in the centre of the goal.... resulted in him dragging Bent down.

skybluepete said:
mike24 said:

does nobody think the guy was offside when the cross got sent in anyway

I thought so on seing it last night on MOTD - though notice that nobody mentioned it whatsoever.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.