Middle East Conflict

Gazza for Gaza 2023. Surely this is nothing a rod and a bit of chicken can't sort.
I’ve seen allsorts of jokes about that flying around, but just not gone there. This situation just makes me sad and there’s nothing I can do or say to make it any better, so don’t tend to comment much in here.

I just hope as few people as possible die and that somehow peace can be sorted, but it seems never ending.

Just posted the deZerbi quote as I felt it was unnecessary and as SWP suggested extremely provocative with no real gain.

I’ve seen allsorts of jokes about that flying around, but just not gone there. This situation just makes me sad and there’s nothing I can do or say to make it any better, so don’t tend to comment much in here.

I just hope as few people as possible die and that somehow peace can be sorted, but it seems never ending.

Just posted the deZerbi quote as I felt it was unnecessary and as SWP suggested extremely provocative with no real gain.

Fair enough. I don't disagree with you.

Peace in Arab and Muslim countries, not the Middle East? Fuck him, he’s on my **** list.
This will be controversial but is it not any wonder that people are leaving those countries in their droves to come and live in Europe? Europe is after all a place that has come to avoid being defined by religion.

Freedom and peace in the future will hopefully eventually come to be defined by the rejection of religion and not just by the tolerance of it.

Insurgencies are violent, ruthless and brutal because they are generally perpetrated by civilians (in a paramilitary form) against other civilians from whom the first party thinks they have suffered injustice.

Fighting insurgency is dirty because normal security authorities are unable to cope and so military tactics are most often used against insurgents who are integrated within the civilian population.

Both are seen as terrorists by the other party. I see both as utter cunts, along with the sponsors who support them, but in the end there has to be a negotiated settlement. What triggers it is the question.
And this is what this whole episode is about.
With the Israelis and Americans not interested in a negotiated settlement due to their overwhelming strength and the Arabs capitulating and cutting their own deals with the Israelis, there is a danger for the Palestinians that, powerless and friendless, they will be sidelined and forgotten about. Their interests sacrificed to the interests of the surrounding Arab states that have either made peace or are currently in the process of making deals with the Israelis under American sponsorship.
This is the Palestinians telling everyone that needs to know that if there is no settlement for them then there won't be peace for anyone else.

And this is what this whole episode is about.
With the Israelis and Americans not interested in a negotiated settlement due to their overwhelming strength and the Arabs capitulating and cutting their own deals with the Israelis, there is a danger for the Palestinians that, powerless and friendless, they will be sidelined and forgotten about. Their interests sacrificed to the interests of the surrounding Arab states that have either made peace or are currently in the process of making deals with the Israelis under American sponsorship.
This is the Palestinians telling everyone that needs to know that if there is no settlement for them then there won't be peace for anyone else.
This is Hamas telling everyone they just want to kill anything that moves in Israel and their charter calling for the destruction of Israel is still valid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.