Middle East Conflict

Let's be honest on here, how many people on here will condemn the atrocities committed this weekend by Hamas and how many are supporting them. I don't want to see 'yes but' answers, it's either condemn Hamas or support Hamas.
I think a distinction has to be made too as to whether you also support the Palestinian people? Personally I do, but I also support Israeli's and Israel's right to exist. What has happened over the weekend is shocking and nobody can do anything except condemn it.

A two state solution has always been the only solution. It's highly unlikely that either parties of the Israeli people and Palestinians wanted war on this scale. It is the political actors in Hamas and Israel that are pushing everything further and further away from potential peace.

The biggest evils in all of this are Hamas, the Israeli regime and other actors such as Iran and Hezbollah. Those are the winners and ironically they're also the ones who are least likely to be affected by what will come next.

Haaretz editorial (unsurprisingly) sticking it to Netanyahu. The opening sentence makes that abundantly clear

The disaster that befell Israel on the holiday of Simchat Torah is the clear responsibility of one person: Benjamin Netanyahu.‘

The fallout from Netanyahu’s war with the judiciary and security organisations also getting the blame as well as Netanyahu ignoring what warnings the Govt did receive - dismissing them as ‘politically motivated’.

God knows what Hamas was thinking with this attack. It doesn’t serve their people, it unites Israel, and Gaza will likely cease to exist. No country is going to tolerate an attack on this scale and the murder of its civilians.

The Saudi’s and others looking to normalise relations with Israel will probably put the move on ice for a while, but will be governed by their own interests in the long run and proceed with normalisation.

All in all, a depressingly familiar chapter in Middle East politics.

What do we think will be Israel’s next move will be? Bomb the shit out of Gaza for the next few weeks or actually go for a full on incursion into Gaza on the ground?

They have announced a total blockade of electricity, food and fuel.

They have surrounded Gaza with at least 4 fighting divisions with lots of heavy tanks and armoury as well so whether that’s defensive or setting up a ground offensive will be seen in the coming days.

The Israelis voted for extreme right wing, religiously conservative Netanyahu and the Palestinians according to most polls are more aligned to hardline islamists Hamas than the more conciliatory Fatah, to the extent that Fatah doesnt really exist as a movement in Gaza, only in the West Bank.

It seems a long way from the days of the Arafat and Rabin. Instead we have two groups who both believe neither has a right to exist with no want or desire to negotiate.
Leave them to it I say. All they want is The West to be shocked, they NEED our attention. Right now Zelenskey is going to be thinking how he can get his war back in the spotlight.

(I mean no harm against Ukraine, Gaza, Hamas, Israel - I am just so depressingly bored of all these war mongering victims on both sides).

How anyone can lend support to Hamas and claim they are freedom fighters and not terrorists when they blatantly have these sorts of articles in their charter is beyond me.........

View attachment 95559
Both sides are as bad as each other. Israeli's will kill innocents. Hamas will kill innocents. I see no distinction, I dislike them both.

So the official Israeli line now regarding certain supplies getting into Gaza.

All food will be stopped, UN can't get any in too.

One Million children. Fuckin unbelievable.

Awaits condemnation from world leaders?

I think a distinction has to be made too as to whether you also support the Palestinian people? Personally I do, but I also support Israeli's and Israel's right to exist. What has happened over the weekend is shocking and nobody can do anything except condemn it.

A two state solution has always been the only solution. It's highly unlikely that either parties of the Israeli people and Palestinians wanted war on this scale. It is the political actors in Hamas and Israel that are pushing everything further and further away from potential peace.

The biggest evils in all of this are Hamas, the Israeli regime and other actors such as Iran and Hezbollah. Those are the winners and ironically they're also the ones who are least likely to be affected by what will come next.

Agree with this too. Think some of this debate gets muddled between those that are talking directly about the regimes and those that are thinking about the populace.

In a lot of conflicts, it’s pretty plain to see the difference between the oppressors and the oppressed. I don’t think that’s the case in this, both regimes are oppressors and the oppressed are citizens of both too.

I feel sorry for all of them.

What do we think will be Israel’s next move will be? Bomb the shit out of Gaza for the next few weeks or actually go for a full on incursion into Gaza on the ground?
The IDF has recalled 300,000 reservists from all around the world ( even if a reservist lives abroad,they are still obliged to return to serve in the IDF ) and special flights have been laid on for them.
It's the biggest ever call up in peacetime by the IDF.
I very much doubt they are calling up such a huge number to have them sat around in barracks.
I would definitely think that there will be a full scale armoured invasion of Gaza in the next few days.
The" Sword of David "will take it's terrible revenge !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.