Middle East Conflict

Just looking on the news that Israel has issued a call up of 300k reservists and are starting to send armour to the borders so not only does it look like they were caught on the hop they inexplicably don't seem to have an action plan in place should such an attack happen - complacency?
I'm sure it was a holy day on Saturday and a public holiday of some sort.

It was obviously planned for maximum harm and to maximise the success of taking numerous hostages.

Going off the brutality alone, Hamas are essentially equivalent to ISIS.

given there are only 2m people in Gaza, not sure how there can be 1 million children. More lies.

Christ you really are a fucking cancer on this thread. People who’ve been discussing this like grownups don’t need to respond to something because you demand it in a comment. Something isn’t a lie just because you don’t like it. You’ve posted nothing of value at all in the 5 years you’ve been posting on the topic, all you do is tell anyone who disagrees they’re either antisemites or need a history lesson, (which you then announce you won’t give) and that you’re blocking the person to preserve your echo chamber.

He’s ere’s an idea, maybe you’d have seen more replies to your childish demand if you hadn’t blocked most of the people in this thread?

Anyway…

This also leads to the Gaza Strip having an unusually high proportion of children in the population, with 43.5% of the population being 14 or younger and a median age in 2014 of 18, compared to a world average of 28, and 30 in Israel.​
What’s 43.5% of 2.3m? Oh look it’s a million.

Guess it wasn’t a lie then. Unfortunately you probably won’t see this if you’ve really blocked so many people…

Last edited:
I'm sure it was a holy day on Saturday and a public holiday of some sort.

It was obviously planned for maximum harm and to maximise the success of taking numerous hostages.

Going off the brutality alone, Hamas are essentially equivalent to ISIS

Nope I don't support Hamas as they are a terriost group. Cunts.

If we're trying to do analogys I'm game.

What would you do if your neighbour knocked on your door and says "This house is now mine, Now fuck off" He then takes it and kicks your whole family out.
Sadly, these things happen in war and are still happening, particularly in Africa and Asia. You can't change history.

What happened in 1948 and 1967 can't be reversed, any more than the Battle of Hastings, the American War of Independence or the French Revolution can. The Ugandan Asians who were expelled en masse in 1972 (although some have since gone back once Amin was out of the way). What about the native populations of North America? I've driven through the Navajo Nation and it's pretty stark. They've been treated appallingly but they aren't firing rockets at Flagstaff or Denver.

The 800,000 Jews who were displaced from their ancient homelands in the Middle East, Arabian Gulf or North African countries at the same time aren't clamouring to go back, even though they equally lost everything - their homes, their livelihoods and any possessions they couldn't carry. Why do you think that is?

It probably had a lot to do with moving to a country where being Jewish wasn't a dirty word or made you a second-class citizen, and which offered them sanctuary and security among their own. As opposed to being snubbed by your Arab "brethren" as the Palestinians were, and left in squalid refugee camps. I do wonder if, knowing what they know now, they would have been keener to accept partition in 1947, albeit reluctantly.

Genuine question but seeing as they’ve stopped electricity and internet, how are the Palestinian’s supposed to read the warning tweets?
They also do roof knocks and drop inert bombs to warn of an imminent attack on a building.

It's sad but I can imagine that the Hamas geezers run and leave the civilians behind.

Many years ago in 1973 the Yom Kipppur war berween Israel and Egypt/Syria tested international peace. Israel was backed by the US, Egypt/Syria by the Soviet Union.

It came to a head when Nixon put the nuclear option to Defcon 3 as Russian troops were possibly going to invade Israel. The decision Nixon took stopped the Soviets but fuck me it was a scary time. I was 14 at school and I think one of the newspapers had the headline “world on the brink as Nixon places troops on Red Alert.

Our music teacher, a right twat, held the paper up and said, if it doesn’t happen now it will in the future and that’s how most of you will die, I couldn’t sleep properly for a good while. He was called Williamson at Hartshead, the ****. Kissinger rescued the day with his shuttle diplomacy, have we got another Henry to sort this out?

The Western World is united in its condemnation of Hamas and its terrorist attacks and fully behind Israel.

The EU pulled its $728M aid for Palestinians today such is their disgust and support for Israel.

Get used to it, Hamas have fucked themselves and their people.

Whataboutery. A member of our Goverments front bench has just literally stated War Crimes are fine.

What's your thoughts on that?

It’s hard to have any sympathy at all with Hamas or what they’ve done this past week. I think the recent news will change the opinion of a lot of people - I think Israel have every right to fight back. Hamas have fcked over the people, which is probably what they wanted

Obviously that’s the wider issue of Israel/ Palestine, but that’s a complicated issue that won’t be solved any time soon. It’s all the innocent people you have to feel for.

Genuine question was the aid now being pulled by different countries for the Palestinian people for essentials etc or were Hamas taking it?

Whataboutery. A member of our Goverments front bench has just literally stated War Crimes are fine.

What's your thoughts on that?

No he didn’t, stop it.

Like the vast majority of right minded politicians the world over, he is fully behind Israel and is disgusted by the terrorist attacks Hamas have committed.

Like I said, get used to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.