Middle East Conflict

Wikipedia isn't the place to go to confirm a current or evolving story.
Sigh I'd seen it on tv earlier that they were mostly made by themselves , I simply went to get you something worded better and as wiki matched the report I judged that as acceptable , and I'd say its more realistic than ' a report '

Heard a report today saying that the rockets used by Hamas were the same ones, and I don't mean the same type, that the Americans had supplied to the Ukrainians.
I wonder how they got to Hamas.
Couldn't possibly be the cuddly democratic Ukrainians who we've all been cheerleading for for the last 18 months lining their own pockets by selling armaments donated to them to fight the Russians, could it?
Yeah I can just see Ukraine selling weapons to the Iranian backed Hamas. The same Iran who are currently supplying large amounts of weaponry to Russia.

Where was this report?

Nothing to do with Medvedev talking shit is it? Because there's a post on the Ukraine thread that highlighted this Kremlin propaganda bullshit before.

The BBC has a BBC Verify banner for when they've verified something... They're going to be busy. And Mark Urban on Newsnight saying they can't verify it.
I was talking about the website. Time isn't really an excuse for not adding quotation marks to the bits that are unverified quotations. My BBC News front page literally has two other stories on it right now that have quotation marks in the headline. Let's not pretend the person writing the headline is the one in the warzone.

Heard a report today saying that the rockets used by Hamas were the same ones, and I don't mean the same type, that the Americans had supplied to the Ukrainians.
Couldn't possibly be the cuddly democratic Ukrainians who we've all been cheerleading for for the last 18 months lining their own pockets by selling armaments donated to them to fight the Russians, could it?

No. In a region with numerous ongoing conflicts, armed factions and outside armies (Russia, Turkey) engaged in active fighting, the one thing no one is short of is weapons.

Also, Hamas - Iran - Russia. None of these are on Ukraine’s Xmas card list and Ukraine is very pro-Israel.

Dear me

Wait until potentially thousands of innocent children are in bodybags while this siege is going on and see which way public opinion shifts.
When terrorists use their own citizens as human shields, is Israel supposed to warn Hamas where and when it will bomb a building….SO THEY CAN MOVE THE PEOPLE AND THE ROCKETS?? WTAF?!

War is hell and innocents die. It’s the nature of the urban guerilla terrorism that Hamas is known for, so what EXACTLY is Israel to do?

What did Hamas do at the festival? Did they care? Or how about kidnapping child hostages?

One side has “written the rules” of this engagement and the other is going to execute their response with extreme prejudice. That’s the whole point of having an assymetric threat! If you’re provoked and do not use it, what message do you send?

TBH, I think Israel has been somewhat muted in their response so far, even as they amass on the Gaza border. What happens next will be determined by Hamas!

Give up the hostages, stop firing the rockets, disappear back into the sewers or get fucked up. No easy solutions, only the brute force that some people require to be made to listen.

Life, esp the life of other, has become less meaningful to those who would do harm. Things like the Geneva Convention seem quaint when thinking about the outrageous violence people rain down on others, yet it is always backed by talk of being righteous.

Innocents die, yet ideology never changes and zealotry prevails for another generation, based on the evil wrought upon you and your family.

And the Sun rises again in the East.

Last edited:
If that’s happening AND Hamas are cutting civilians heads off and live streaming it at the same time then only a **** should be rooting for either of them.
Solution???

Do you think British bombs didn’t kill German children? Are you agnostic on WWII or was Churchill just as big of a **** as Hitler? What are your feelings on the children of Coventry???

No. In a region with numerous ongoing conflicts, armed factions and outside armies (Russia, Turkey) engaged in active fighting, the one thing no one is short of is weapons.

Also, Hamas - Iran - Russia. None of these are on Ukraine’s Xmas card list and Ukraine is very pro-Israel.
If, and it's a big if, Hamas has got hold of weaponry supplied to Ukraine it would be captured weaponry handed over by Russia to Iran and moved on to Hamas from there. I think we can all imagine who that would benefit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.