Mike Summerbee you are legend

Spoke to Edwin vandesar this morning and he says they had sky sports on in the dressing room after the game, he said sumerbee was right to say what he did as sky build up goals like the one Rooney scored and it basically detracts from the game itself, as this is all that gets spoke about and the game then becomes a side issue, he also said that Rooney shinned it, it was not a pure strike

Sugarloaf said:
RBmk2 said:
We were the better team and played the vast majority of the passing football.
Ultimately a one in a million goal decided the game scored by a bloke who has been shit for virtually the entire season,and that was that.

Buzzer was just standing up for what he thought.Good on im.
Rednapp is an amateurish,rag-loving tool playing it safe,kissing their arses...and Buzzer caught him totally off gaurd with his comments.
The reason it's caused a storm is that pundits are simply not allowed to have an opinion that goes against the grain at the swamp.
If the rags had lost yesterday-and they could well have done-it would still have been glossed over as some kind of "blip" and you can bet your life that Rednapp would've been apologising on ferguson's behalf,Buzzer would've been patronised and Yorke would still look like the grinning village idiot.

Fuck Sky.

I'm sorry, but it was cringeworthy and Keegan-esque. Sat there in his City tie almost bursting into tears. It shows that he is passionate about the club, but it smacked abit of sour grapes really. The format in any match analysis is to look at the team that won first, then go to the guest of the losing team after, but Buzzer went off on one and when they pulled up the match stats he ending up looking like a plonker. He should have just waited his turn and said the stuff about them looking over their shoulder and playing better etc..He still would have been able to get his point across without becoming a figure of fun on Youtube. This is not what the club wants. I don't think we'll see him on the box again which is a shame.

Its all about opinions,and i think your opinion is cringeworthy,,Buzzer was sticking up for the club..and I for 1 agreed with everything he said

big blueballs said:
Spoke to Edwin vandesar this morning and he says they had sky sports on in the dressing room after the game, he said sumerbee was right to say what he did as sky build up goals like the one Rooney scored and it basically detracts from the game itself, as this is all that gets spoke about and the game then becomes a side issue, he also said that Rooney shinned it, it was not a pure strike

If that is true then I have changed my mind about VDS as I always thought him to be quite arrogant - fair dos he can see through the SKY BS)

For those who havent seen it ( warning this is the bitter rag version)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6TnRZ1RTis&feature=related[/youtube]

Been said a million times before Summerbee You are a legend.

I had to laugh at the rag version with the fading figures in the video...cheeky bastards.

big blueballs said:

And I spoke to Sumerbee this morning and he said "TALK ABOUT US TALK ABOUT US........wibble"

;-)

Just to put the Sky bias in perspective, this morning I watched Goals on Sunday.

Aftermatch discussion, replay and discussion of Nani goal. Fair enough, it was a decent ball from Giggs, good finish from Nani.
Replay and discussion of Rooney goal. Fair enough, a wonder strike.

Now I was a bit sleepy, but I'm pretty sure there was no replay and discussion of Silva's goal. OK it was a scrappy goal, but it was still a goal.

They could have focused on Mancini's substitutions, bringing on two players who directly contributed to the goal (SWP & Dzeko). They could have pointed out Richards powerful surge down the flank. They could have mentioned SWP's dribble and cross. They could have debated whether Dzeko's shot was going in without the deflection off Silva. All things you'd expect in balanced analysis.

Instead it was straight to the Rooney goal.
No doubt it would have been the same yesterday without Summerbee's intervention. So good on you Mike.

friend said:
big blueballs said:

And I spoke to Sumerbee this morning and he said "TALK ABOUT US TALK ABOUT US........wibble"

;-)

"Smagunt in big fat lie shocker"

Talksport are now running a poll about this

"Bitter Blue or Bang on the Money"

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/football-first/blog/2011-02-13/mike-summerbee-bitter-blue-or-bang-money" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/footba ... bang-money</a>

Seems the rags are all over this, 85% say Bitter!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.