Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: city make milner bid (SSN)

I don't want us to get him. He's not that great a player.

He's quality,can play all over the place.Get him in!

RBmk2 said:
He's quality,can play all over the place.Get him in!

see this is what annoys me

yes its good to have a player who can play various roles but in reality milner will have a best position (maybe central or ont he wing...open to debate).....however it leaves the question that if we are buying him to play in several roles that RM thinks he needs to fill, why arent we going for a player who plays in that position naturally and is probably better than milner (who doesnt normally play there)....

its like the people who suggest playing Barry at left back....yes he can play there but you really dont want him to....you want a player who plays in that position normally and is better than barry

I understand you need depth and cover but with our resources we could be going for lets say a central midfielder who has is purely a central midfielder and not one who has recently converted to that role but still maybe more suited to the wing

square pegs in round holes if you ask me and while its ok as a temp fix.....there are much better options

Im not sure what to make of this signing to be honest. There are definetly players who have a better technical level than Milner out there, but there arnt many players who drive forward as hard as him. We often missed that link between midfield and our forwards. Still undecided on this.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.villatalk.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=61243&postdays=0&postorder=asc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.villatalk.com/index.php?name ... torder=asc</a>

"City eh? £50m it is then!! Hold the fuckers to ransom!!!"

Soon his contract will be down to 18 months hehehe

Apparently Villa have already valued Milner at 27m expecting bids from the rags this summer given giggs/scholes age.
The guy in the next office has been in discussing this and his thoughts as a big villa fan who is related to deadly Doug is that O'Neil wont just hold out for a big wad of cash, but will look to get player(s) as part of any deal as Villa's net spend budget is in the 10m region.

Still very unsure about this. Good utility player that is steady as they come, will always put in a shift and get you 7/10 every game, but surely we should be aiming higher than James Milner?

Ntini77 said:
Do we really need another player that's good in a few positions but not great in any ?

Would prefer to see us bidding for Ozil & Gourcuff.

I totally agree with you , James Milner is jack of all trades but master of NONE .

As a left winger , he is not better than Bellamy nor Adam Johnson.

As an attacking midfielder, he could be better than Barry and Ireland but not better than Gourcuff and Ozil .

Absolutely miffed. Don't rate the guy, watched villa a few times and he is ok, but not of the quality I was hoping for.........atleast its not Ashley Young though, he really is crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.