Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: city make milner bid (SSN)

AntonDonJuan said:
He's will be very useful for the squad, very, very useful, but the price being bandied around for him is absolutely ridiculous. If we pay any more than £20m for him i will be majorly disappointed, this is the kinf of short sightedness i would expect from Hughes, not Mancini

We need to get over the fact that we will always overpay for players until we are firmly established at the top table.
Milner is a class player who is good on either wing but has excelled in the middle. He's young, English and proven in the Prem, we could do a lot worse and at this stage in our development he is exactly the sort of player we should be going for.
If you ignore the fee and judge him purely on his ability and future potential then he would be a great addition.
Villa fans are gutted he may leave, some of the quotes on villatalk have been heartening to read. If a player finds space, Milner will find him. They seem to think that their forward line lacks movement and if Milner was playing every week with better players, you would see his full potential.

Lets judge him by what he does on the pitch and not how much he cost.

stony said:
AntonDonJuan said:
He's will be very useful for the squad, very, very useful, but the price being bandied around for him is absolutely ridiculous. If we pay any more than £20m for him i will be majorly disappointed, this is the kinf of short sightedness i would expect from Hughes, not Mancini

We need to get over the fact that we will always overpay for players until we are firmly established at the top table.
Milner is a class player who is good on either wing but has excelled in the middle. He's young, English and proven in the Prem, we could do a lot worse and at this stage in our development he is exactly the sort of player we should be going for.
If you ignore the fee and judge him purely on his ability and future potential then he would be a great addition.
Villa fans are gutted he may leave, some of the quotes on villatalk have been heartening to read. If a player finds space, Milner will find him. They seem to think that their forward line lacks movement and if Milner was playing every week with better players, you would see his full potential.

But the money does matter, If we pay £26m for James Milner, people will know we are fucking barmy and reckless when it comes to buying players, we will always get ripped off. There has to be a limit and £20m+ for James Milner is that limit

stony said:
AntonDonJuan said:

Completely agree, and would add that he has boundless energy and enthusiasm which certain "bigger name" players often do not have

10.Goater_Legend said:
YungJoshiiMcFc said:
Is it just me, or has this dissapeared of SSN?
Indeed it has, Scott Parker all over again?.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6160294,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 94,00.html</a>

this?

AntonDonJuan said:
stony said:

But the money does matter, If we pay £26m for James Milner, people will know we are fucking barmy and reckless when it comes to buying players, we will always get ripped off. There has to be a limit and £20m+ for James Milner is that limit

This doesn't wash with me because you have to compare players available in positions of need.......supply and demand.
Let's say you had the option of Gerrard for £40 million and a weely wage of £180,000, or Milner for £26 million and a weely wage of £90,000 which would you go for?
Look at the bigger picture in salary as well as the transfer fee........

Danamy said:
This doesn't wash with me because you have to compare players available in positions of need.......supply and demand.
Let's say you had the option of Gerrard for £40 million and a weely wage of £180,000, or Milner for £26 million and a weely wage of £90,000 which would you go for?
Comparing James Milner to Gerrard is laughable. He's good, but he's not that good!

AlexWilliamsGloves said:
10.Goater_Legend said:
Indeed it has, Scott Parker all over again?.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6160294,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 94,00.html</a>

this?

Some of the comments there are great:

What will he be at city.......just another gem may be in a necklace full of shiney stones.

Maybe Adebayor + Ireland for Milner

Why would he go to city? Villa have had a better season than them.

Money cant buy everything and James Milner will be one of those things! Man City want to buy the title because they havent produced their own players. Like Chelsea, clubs like this ruin football, its a sad situation when money rules sport! Gareth Barry went there and it did him no good at all!

Milner wont leave Villa for a manchester club, being a leeds lad.

Lets take Richards, Ireland, Onuoha, and £10million for Milner.

If we sell Milner, for me we should be getting Ireland & SWP at least in return

Wankers

AntonDonJuan said:
Danamy said:
Comparing James Milner to Gerrard is laughable. He's good, but he's not that good!

Would you say half as good? because if you are look again at the figures and you'll see exactly what i'm getting at........
My point obviously went over your head!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.