Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will get Milner for around 25M. We need him as part of the team to go foward.
Good post from the Villa lad.

Speaking to Fellow Villa fans, they are really split over whether we should be selling Milner or not.

Selling? We take £25m and spend it on 3 good players that will bulk out squad. Linked this morning with Parker, Rodallega and Eduardo. Personally I'd be happy to sell Milner and replace them with these 3 good Premier League Players.

But... Do we sell our best player again to Man City?

It's a difficult situation.

I've seen it many times in the past, big bigs come in for good players, clubs turn them down and a couple of years later the player never really reaches the potential.

I remember Derby turning down £7m for Dean Sturridge, 2 years later they shipped him out on a free. We turned down a big bid from Arsenal for Juan Pablo Angel and then we give him away to New York Red Bulls a couple of years later.

£25m? Sell. Bye James.

FishFoot said:
Speaking to Fellow Villa fans, they are really split over whether we should be selling Milner or not.

Selling? We take £25m and spend it on 3 good players that will bulk out squad. Linked this morning with Parker, Rodallega and Eduardo. Personally I'd be happy to sell Milner and replace them with these 3 good Premier League Players.

I've seen it many times in the past, big bigs come in for good players, clubs turn them down and a couple of years later the player never really reaches the potential.

I remember Derby turning down £7m for Dean Sturridge, 2 years later they shipped him out on a free. We turned down a big bid from Arsenal for Juan Pablo Angel and then we give him away to New York Red Bulls a couple of years later.

£25m? Sell. Bye James.

Morning,
I'm in the "dont buy" camp to be honest. For me I dont see what he can bring other than 110% effort every game... But I would expect that from every player and if City cant get that out the current crop then they dont deserve to wear the shirt in my eyes. We can turn our current players around and save the £25m or offer £30m for Ozil (sp?) and have a player who offers everything and more. I dont see him wanting to come though so I'd just save the dosh and move on now.
No doubt he is fantastic for you but, (no offence) Barry took the step up and look what happened there! I see the same with Milner, great for you but avaerage at best for us if he was to sign. I wouldnt get excited by the signing if I'm honest although I wasnt with A. Johnson and he has been fantastic so.... £15m worth a risk, £20m he better perform EVERY game, £20m+ then your having a laugh and I'd walk away.

not my fault! said:
FishFoot said:

£25m? Sell. Bye James.

Morning,
I'm in the "dont buy" camp to be honest. For me I dont see what he can bring other than 110% effort every game... But I would expect that from every player and if City cant get that out the current crop then they dont deserve to wear the shirt in my eyes. We can turn our current players around and save the £25m or offer £30m for Ozil (sp?) and have a player who offers everything and more. I dont see him wanting to come though so I'd just save the dosh and move on now.
No doubt he is fantastic for you but, (no offence) Barry took the step up and look what happened there! I see the same with Milner, great for you but avaerage at best for us if he was to sign. I wouldnt get excited by the signing if I'm honest although I wasnt with A. Johnson and he has been fantastic so.... £15m worth a risk, £20m he better perform EVERY game, £20m+ then your having a laugh and I'd walk away.

Morning ..:)

Lol I have started called my other half Sam 'cos just like like you everywhere I fooking turn she's right behind me!
Although I like to think of you as my Guardian angel Sam not my stalker ;0)

not my fault! said:
Lol I have started called my other half Sam 'cos just like like you everywhere I fooking turn she's right behind me!
Although I like to think of you as my Guardian angel Sam not my stalker ;0)

Phew !! :)

Milner will be a great signing for us because I believe we’ll play with a midfield diamond in the majority of games next season. With Milner on the right, Barry on the left, Toure holding and Silva playing in the hole just behind the two strikers. In the big games at home (Chelsea, United, Tottenham etc...) and all the away games it will make us extremely solid and difficult to beat and with the quality of Silva, Tevez, Adebayor we are always going to be a threat. Milner’s work ethic and stamina will be desperately needed over a long hard season and I truly do think people underestimate his technical ability. He’ll be the one along with Toure driving through the midfield in the last 15-20 of tough games when we need a goal and he’ll still be there protecting the full back in the last mnute, we really do need that energy and stamina. He might not get the recognition or headlines of Silva, Tevez and Adebayor but he will be just as important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.