Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
fatbloke said:
Milner will give us balance on the right, Toure isn't going to get out wide and get crosses in. De Jong is a great player but too one dimensional and I think he's been sussed out now to be perfectly honest but he'll still be a very valuable squad player and will be the first one in if we get injures or someone needs a rest.

This, i think is bang on ! but i do think that the squad will rotate more next season horses for courses so to speak.

Even if milner does try and force a move it doesnt mean villa will drop their asking price. Barry tried this to get his move to liverpool but o'neil stood firm and asked for 18 million.

Milner is in the same position as barry was with 2 years left on his contract, i would rather we didnt go back in for him this year but let him know we are interested and then if he has another excellant season then get him for a more reasonable price next summer.<br /><br />-- Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:36 pm --<br /><br />
Richard said:
--------------HART/GIVEN----------------
--BOATENG---KOMPANY---LESCOTT----KOLAROV--
---------Y TOURE-------BARRY------------
MILNER----------SILVA----------JOHNSON
----------------TEVEZ------------------

Top 4 material right there.

Milner would be a good signing, but an overpriced one at that. 20m is near is true value, hopefully we wont go much move above that.

I disagree mate, there would be no point in having milner and johnson on the wings if the only targets in the middle are silva and tevez. It would make more sense if we bought someone like dzeko who would thrive off that sort of delivery.

Or maybe we could save 25mil and just play a guy that scored 14 goals and set up 3 in 26 games Emmanuel Adebayor?!

levets said:
dachoosen1 said:
Or maybe we could save 25mil and just play a guy that scored 14 goals and set up 3 in 26 games Emmanuel Adebayor?!

AMEN!

+1 however we do need more than Tevez and Adebayor because of the games we may be playing, the potential for injury and competition for places.

People that think we will play Tevez up front on his own when we have Ade and probably another quality big forward comming to the club are deluded.

Hes going to be cover, a replacement for Ireland wont be a first team starter most of time IMO.

heatonmoorblue said:
Even if milner does try and force a move it doesnt mean villa will drop their asking price. Barry tried this to get his move to liverpool but o'neil stood firm and asked for 18 million.

Milner is in the same position as barry was with 2 years left on his contract, i would rather we didnt go back in for him this year but let him know we are interested and then if he has another excellant season then get him for a more reasonable price next summer.

-- Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:36 pm --

Richard said:
--------------HART/GIVEN----------------
--BOATENG---KOMPANY---LESCOTT----KOLAROV--
---------Y TOURE-------BARRY------------
MILNER----------SILVA----------JOHNSON
----------------TEVEZ------------------

Top 4 material right there.

Milner would be a good signing, but an overpriced one at that. 20m is near is true value, hopefully we wont go much move above that.

I disagree mate, there would be no point in having milner and johnson on the wings if the only targets in the middle are silva and tevez. It would make more sense if we bought someone like dzeko who would thrive off that sort of delivery.

In that formation, which I like a lot, I don't see AJ and Milner as out and out wingers though. It's more an attacking unit comfortbale right across the pitch, centrally or in wide areas. I like it.

I think we should look for a striker if/when we off load the players on loan, at the min we got tevez ade rsc and bellers that can play cf as well as nimely and ball coming through! I alway thought bobby was the kind of manager who wasnt afraid to turn to youth and i for one believe that boyata, cunningham, ibrahim, ball and nimely could make their marks this year! As for milner get him in hes the dogs!lol

Dont care what anyone says. 20mil is the MAX you would pay for Miler- any higher and we are getting taken as a joke.

We got Silva for what 24? or 27? - Milner is NO where near that level.
His played a few internationals and is 'above average' in the PL. wooppy dooo!

Aussie! said:
Dont care what anyone says. 20mil is the MAX you would pay for Miler- any higher and we are getting taken as a joke.
thats what i keep on saying.

just hope he stays at villa or moves to chelsea or whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.