Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
crystal_mais said:
lee-mcfc said:
thats what i keep on saying.

just hope he stays at villa or moves to chelsea or whatever

he is English, and we need the best English talent to satisfy the home grown rule

That rule is so going to get canned anyway. FIFA ditched the 6+5 rule because it is against EU Labour Law... the same will happen to the Premier League.

avoidconfusion said:
crystal_mais said:
he is English, and we need the best English talent to satisfy the home grown rule

That rule is so going to get canned anyway. FIFA ditched the 6+5 rule because it is against EU Labour Law... the same will happen to the Premier League.

Could be true, but I still think Milner is a good player and will only get better and worth buying

Aussie! wrote:
Dont care what anyone says. 20mil is the MAX you would pay for Miler- any higher and we are getting taken as a joke.

thats what i keep on saying.

just hope he stays at villa or moves to chelsea or whatever

Same from me, seems like a completely pointless signing. Hes not being signed for the first team and his real world value is around £15 million. Mid Table to top 6 player MAX.

No offence but Silva, Yaya Toure, Boatang, Dezko, Koralov......Milner.....

Doesnt really fit in with the players we are signing and trying to sign does he ? not of the right quality no better than what we already have on the fringes of the squad.

That said putting a positive spin on it, hes clearly a replacement for Ireland as cover, hes got a much much better attitude than Ireland and can also pay out wide unlike Ireland.

Still buying him for £25 million and selling Ireland for £12 million will make us look stupid IMO, not that I care really with the other players we are signing.

Oasis_City said:
I thought the purpose of this formation was for the fullbacks to do the crossing? And if Toure was the holding midfielder, how can he be holding if he's driving forward?

Games change over the course of 90 minutes and if you care to read it a little more carefully I said he'll drive us forward in the last 15-20 minutes if we need a goal. Without trying to make this personal, you seem to think footballers can only do one thing judging by your replies in different threads (e.g. Boateng is a centre back, Luiz is a centre back). I think you need to realise football has moved on from the 1960's mate.

fatbloke said:
Oasis_City said:
I thought the purpose of this formation was for the fullbacks to do the crossing? And if Toure was the holding midfielder, how can he be holding if he's driving forward?

Games change over the course of 90 minutes and if you care to read it a little more carefully I said he'll drive us forward in the last 15-20 minutes if we need a goal. Without trying to make this personal, you seem to think footballers can only do one thing judging by your replies in different threads (e.g. Boateng is a centre back, Luiz is a centre back). I think you need to realise football has moved on from the 1960's mate.

Could have something to do with them being centre backs, did I ever say they can't play at fullback?

Oasis_City said:
fatbloke said:

Could have something to do with them being centre backs, did I ever say they can't play at fullback?

Yes about 300 times in the Boateng thread (maybe a slight exaggeration).

heatonmoorblue said:
Even if milner does try and force a move it doesnt mean villa will drop their asking price. Barry tried this to get his move to liverpool but o'neil stood firm and asked for 18 million.

Milner is in the same position as barry was with 2 years left on his contract, i would rather we didnt go back in for him this year but let him know we are interested and then if he has another excellant season then get him for a more reasonable price next summer.

-- Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:36 pm --

Richard said:
--------------HART/GIVEN----------------
--BOATENG---KOMPANY---LESCOTT----KOLAROV--
---------Y TOURE-------BARRY------------
MILNER----------SILVA----------JOHNSON
----------------TEVEZ------------------

Top 4 material right there.

Milner would be a good signing, but an overpriced one at that. 20m is near is true value, hopefully we wont go much move above that.

I disagree mate, there would be no point in having milner and johnson on the wings if the only targets in the middle are silva and tevez. It would make more sense if we bought someone like dzeko who would thrive off that sort of delivery.
....................Hart....................
Boateng..Kompany..Lescott..Kolarov

..........Yaya T.......de Jong..........
A Johnson........Tévez............Silva

.......Torres/Dzeko/Adebayor........

And some people want to play in a diamond so:

....................Hart....................
Boateng..Kompany..Lescott..Kolarov

..................de Jong.................
..........Yaya T........Barry............
...................Silva....................

.....Torres/Dzeko/Ade...Tévez......

Bench:

Given,

Kolo T,
Bridge,

SWP,
Ireland,
Barry/A Johnson, (depending on the formation)

Adebayor/RSC/Other (depending on who we buy)

Milner would REALLY struggle to get on our bench as it stands, and even if he does get on the bench, £20 million plus? Fuck that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.