Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
NewbBlue said:
Why do we need Milner at this point? If we've got Yaya, De Jong, Silva, and Johnson, this just seems excessive.

Only thing I can think of is the homegrown rule. Milner puts some really outstanding crosses in the box, but Boateng marked him out of the game against Germany.

Wouldn't be disappointed, though, since his production is unquestioned.

I think the point is that every team who wants to challenge for the title needs a top squad not just a top first 11, effectively 2 really good players for every position (the difficult trick then is to keep them all happy) - so if we need 8-10 top class midfielders to cope with injuries, suspensions, tiredness, Europa League, then maybe Bobby is thinking:-

NDJ
Yaya
Barry
Silva
Johnson
Milner

.....as his top 6 backed up by SWP, Steve Ireland, Viera, Michael Johnson (Robbie we have to assume is unlikely to stay and Bellers I still see more as a forward), but as none of these (SWP etc) would not be in the average starting line up then having 6 including Milner does not seem unreasonable to me - and frankly last season we were massively under strength in midfield.

I think in terms of Milner himself there are way too many negative comments on here - I am amazed if bluemooners know more about Milner than villa fans and therefore I tend to go with what villa fans says about him, and the 2 I know have been saying he is constantly outstanding ever since he joined them, not just last season, and we need players in the midfield who can be constantly outstanding rather than occasionally brilliant, and I am pretty sure that we will see Milner doing that, and I think a midfield and attack formation (assuming no other signings - which will of course not be the case) that goes something like:-

NDJ
Milner Yaya
Silva
Tevez
Ade

...would be fantastic. Regarding Milner's fee if Bobby wants him then what does it matter - in the greater scheme of things we can afford it without any worries, and in terms of giving money to villa then so what, due to our money we are going onto a different level to them (and maybe united should worry more about the likes of villa threatening their top 4 position in a couple of years once their debt starts to take a hold on their squad situation like it has done to liverpool, and especially when fergiscum retires).

In terms of the window, based on the latest strongest rumours it feels like our acquisitions will be:-

Boateng
Silva
Yaya
Milner
Kolorov
Dzeko or Torres

For me that is the kind of squad strengthening I could not have dreamed of after we lost at home to spurs; if I was being greedy I would love to add Danny Alves as a top class attacking right back and I would say we might be missing an out and out commanding monster of a centre back, but I am thinking Bobby and the owners want a footballing side, and if the main defenders are a mixture of Kompany, Toure, Kolorov, Boateng, Lescott (Alves would be brilliant to add to that list) then I see all those players as being comfortable on the ball.

Just one other point. We might all think that we read some shit on this forum, a lot of it written by me I might add, but I lost my job a while ago so I have been spending a lot of time in the car going to interviews and have been listening to talk shite a lot just on the off chance of heearing transfer rumours - fuck me if that station and EVERYONE on it and everything they say is not the biggest pile of shit ever, it just destroys your brain to listen to it - genuinely bluemooners even the worst poster on here is miles better than the best presenter on that wank station

BringBackSwales said:
NewbBlue said:
Why do we need Milner at this point? If we've got Yaya, De Jong, Silva, and Johnson, this just seems excessive.

Only thing I can think of is the homegrown rule. Milner puts some really outstanding crosses in the box, but Boateng marked him out of the game against Germany.

Wouldn't be disappointed, though, since his production is unquestioned.

I think the point is that every team who wants to challenge for the title needs a top squad not just a top first 11, effectively 2 really good players for every position (the difficult trick then is to keep them all happy) - so if we need 8-10 top class midfielders to cope with injuries, suspensions, tiredness, Europa League, then maybe Bobby is thinking:-

NDJ
Yaya
Barry
Silva
Johnson
Milner

.....as his top 6 backed up by SWP, Steve Ireland, Viera, Michael Johnson (Robbie we have to assume is unlikely to stay and Bellers I still see more as a forward), but as none of these (SWP etc) would not be in the average starting line up then having 6 including Milner does not seem unreasonable to me - and frankly last season we were massively under strength in midfield.

I think in terms of Milner himself there are way too many negative comments on here - I am amazed if bluemooners know more about Milner than villa fans and therefore I tend to go with what villa fans says about him, and the 2 I know have been saying he is constantly outstanding ever since he joined them, not just last season, and we need players in the midfield who can be constantly outstanding rather than occasionally brilliant, and I am pretty sure that we will see Milner doing that, and I think a midfield and attack formation (assuming no other signings - which will of course not be the case) that goes something like:-

NDJ
Milner Yaya
Silva
Tevez
Ade

...would be fantastic. Regarding Milner's fee if Bobby wants him then what does it matter - in the greater scheme of things we can afford it without any worries, and in terms of giving money to villa then so what, due to our money we are going onto a different level to them (and maybe united should worry more about the likes of villa threatening their top 4 position in a couple of years once their debt starts to take a hold on their squad situation like it has done to liverpool, and especially when fergiscum retires).

In terms of the window, based on the latest strongest rumours it feels like our acquisitions will be:-

Boateng
Silva
Yaya
Milner
Kolorov
Dzeko or Torres

For me that is the kind of squad strengthening I could not have dreamed of after we lost at home to spurs; if I was being greedy I would love to add Danny Alves as a top class attacking right back and I would say we might be missing an out and out commanding monster of a centre back, but I am thinking Bobby and the owners want a footballing side, and if the main defenders are a mixture of Kompany, Toure, Kolorov, Boateng, Lescott (Alves would be brilliant to add to that list) then I see all those players as being comfortable on the ball.

Just one other point. We might all think that we read some shit on this forum, a lot of it written by me I might add, but I lost my job a while ago so I have been spending a lot of time in the car going to interviews and have been listening to talk shite a lot just on the off chance of heearing transfer rumours - fuck me if that station and EVERYONE on it and everything they say is not the biggest pile of shit ever, it just destroys your brain to listen to it - genuinely bluemooners even the worst poster on here is miles better than the best presenter on that wank station

Persuasive post, well said.

milestone said:
fuxx Milner off
I dont want him, not for city
this is why i am addicted to this site...if the laptop is free i swoop in for these kinda post ...quality

FUManUtd said:
so i guess we will announce milner tomorrow. if we pay more for milner than we did for silva, thats just ridiculously insane
See this will be the case for English players , I like milner but for30mil !! It was on sky yesterday that decent English players are gonna cost with this new rule about home grown players , !

city stew said:
FUManUtd said:
so i guess we will announce milner tomorrow. if we pay more for milner than we did for silva, thats just ridiculously insane
See this will be the case for English players , I like milner but for30mil !! It was on sky yesterday that decent English players are gonna cost with this new rule about home grown players , !
I would like Milner too, but £30m seems overpriced to me. You're right though, we have to pay the English premium and also the City premium. I'm sure he'll be good for us though, especially the last 20 minutes when we'll need players like him who will "get stuck in". He's got the never give up attitude, like Tevez, Bellamy (hope we keep him) Kompanyand De Jong!

mancitypj said:
city stew said:
I would like Milner too, but £30m seems overpriced to me. You're right though, we have to pay the English premium and also the City premium. I'm sure he'll be good for us though, especially the last 20 minutes when we'll need players like him who will "get stuck in". He's got the never give up attitude, like Tevez, Bellamy (hope we keep him) Kompanyand De Jong!

Milner is a good player but at £30 million he will be one of the most expensive transfers in British football history which is nothing short of farcical.

OrigamiNinja said:
mancitypj said:

Milner is a good player but at £30 million he will be one of the most expensive transfers in British football history which is nothing short of farcical.
that i agree on Ninja.. he is a good player... worth £15-20 millions... not 30... what did Villa pay for him 2 years ago? When he came from Newcastle? wasnt it like £8-10 millions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.