Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
gman07 said:
OrigamiNinja said:
Milner is a good player but at £30 million he will be one of the most expensive transfers in British football history which is nothing short of farcical.
that i agree on Ninja.. he is a good player... worth £15-20 millions... not 30... what did Villa pay for him 2 years ago? When he came from Newcastle? wasnt it like £8-10 millions?

They paid 12mil, I think that 20/22mil will be the right price.

gman07 said:
OrigamiNinja said:
Milner is a good player but at £30 million he will be one of the most expensive transfers in British football history which is nothing short of farcical.
that i agree on Ninja.. he is a good player... worth £15-20 millions... not 30... what did Villa pay for him 2 years ago? When he came from Newcastle? wasnt it like £8-10 millions?
I think it was £12m and then went on to have a great season. The question is how much better could he become or is that it.

Rammy Blue said:
gman07 said:

i seem to remember 12mil being banded about at the time and there is no way he has developed into a 30mil pound player since then

johnny crossan said:
bumbleblue said:
He is a respected football journalist who i think is usually sure of his stuff when he tweets it.

he just apologised
"Apologies for saying that #mcfc would confirm 2 signings today. Expected #toure + #boateng to go through. 2 more to follo: #dzeko + #milner"

Jonny, someone just posted that a couple of posts before yours :)

Rammy Blue said:
gman07 said:

The thing was I didnt think he was worth £12 million at the time. It has proven to be a cracking bit of business because they can now make a huge profit on him. If they had paid the £7 million he was actually worth at the time I think we would be getting him for £20 million now, they are simply passing on to us the extra £5 million they got ripped off for!

ono said:
Joke of a price for an average player imo. Still i'll get behind him and i hope he proves me wrong.

Yeah, i kind of see him as a Zabaleta of midfield, with maybe a bit more pace. Not sure being a bit faster and English is worth £20 million extra.

I guess we just have to ignore the price tags of our players though, they'll always be unrealistic, just worries me slightly when it's going to a potential rival and it sort of sets a precedent.

ono said:
Joke of a price for an average player imo. Still i'll get behind him and i hope he proves me wrong.

A much better argument could be made for signing Ashley Young from Villa, a much better prospect for many and a genuine England prospect. When Capello starts his clearout of those who will now be deemed as surplus to requirements as the national team rebuilding gets underway, I fully expect Young and Adam Johnson to be two in the 17 picked for the next fixture in August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.