Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
TimmyP said:
Seems to have gone quiet in the press on the Milner transfer. Only seen odd snippets here and there (i.e. him and barry possibly talking), nothing substantial (i.e. agreed deals, fees etc).

Whats the general consensus on this now? I take it we are still very much interested?

I would think that this is one of the few players we are linked with that we have made a real bid for means we will be back in for him. It's still early in the window and Villa must be looking for a replacement before letting him go. O'Neil is a decent manager and will be realising he can do a lot with £20m+.

C_T_I_D said:
Well as the old saying goes Timmy no news is good news =)

True mate, very true. I just hope we don't go overboard with the transfer fee on this one. Yes, great player, had a good season, but worth the reported £30m - ish, I'm not sure.

Still, whatever happens, I'm not gonna complain. I still can't believe how lucky we are with our owners at the moment...

TimmyP said:
C_T_I_D said:
Well as the old saying goes Timmy no news is good news =)

True mate, very true. I just hope we don't go overboard with the transfer fee on this one. Yes, great player, had a good season, but worth the reported £30m - ish, I'm not sure.

Still, whatever happens, I'm not gonna complain. I still can't believe how lucky we are with our owners at the moment...

I just concerns me, the view football has on us spending this amount, maybe it will pay off, put the odds are stacked against us. 30m is alot of wonga.

Ticket For Schalke said:
TimmyP said:

I just concerns me, the view football has on us spending this amount, maybe it will pay off, put the odds are stacked against us. 30m is alot of wonga.

Especially when you consider M.O.N could probably build a team with £30M he is very astute in the transfer market and giving one of our main rivals 30M could prove costly in more than a financial sense imo.

The way I see it, we need to build the team we want. Hard workers, flair players, tough grinding players, intelligent players etc. Until we have the right balance, we need to shop 'til we drop. We spend £25 million on Milner, he is a hard working player and the fans will love him. And that's only £25 million to our owner.

The way I see it, we need to spend big to be big, and once we have found that balance, we can go to spending normal money and not being held to ranson. Lets just spend what we need to, and get it right.

i really hope we dont get milner. i think england players are vastly over-rated. the world cup has just highlighted it. adam johnson cost 7 million, but can anyone honestly say milner is worth an extra 23 million. save the money city and dont give MoN a bumper transfer budget

We need get this deal done fast. I would love to see Milner at City, hes a powerhouse and a good role model for the youngstars. With the europa next season we will be playing extra games and someone like Milner would be perfect for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.