Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
£22million would represent a fair deal imo, he can play in a number of positions and does a top job in the centre of midfield, still don't think he's worth anything over that though.

Sadly it looks likely the arrival of Milner will signal the end of Stephen Ireland who I believe has the ability to be one of the top players in the Premier League for years to come, however Milner also has that ability but is a bit behind Stevie atm for me.

Milner will provide consistency on a wet windy November away day at Stoke and consistency is what wins titles. Pains me to say it but look at United, average to decent players like Flectcher and Carrick are consistent for them in the big games aswell against the smaller clubs and it earns them a lot of points.

If we sign him, as with any City player, i'll back him 100%.

Chick Counterfly said:
I have to agree, Lescott wasn't worth the 22m but he is a solid defender, never looks clumsy, never gets beaten in the air, reads it well and always keeps it simple. Vincent has got strength and an awful lot of class, but he's not nailed it yet... he looks in total control one week, the next he looks exactly like a midfielder filling in at CB. For example, I thought he had no problems dealing with Rooney at COMS. But against Crouch and Defoe he looked a bit clumsy and never really dealt with the threat.

I'm not sure I'd say Lescott was better 'technically', as to me good technique keeping the ball under control without any fuss. Vinnie's really good at that, always has been. Jolean's okay for a defender, but you couldn't see him playing DM with the same efficiency.

Are you sure ?

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Match-highlights/City-v-Blackburn-extended-highlights

10.Goater_Legend said:
£22million would represent a fair deal imo, he can play in a number of positions and does a top job in the centre of midfield, still don't think he's worth anything over that though.

Sadly it looks likely the arrival of Milner will signal the end of Stephen Ireland who I believe has the ability to be one of the top players in the Premier League for years to come, however Milner also has that ability but is a bit behind Stevie atm for me.

Milner will provide consistency on a wet windy November away day at Stoke and consistency is what wins titles. Pains me to say it but look at United, average to decent players like Flectcher and Carrick are consistent for them in the big games aswell against the smaller clubs and it earns them a lot of points.

absolutely. It's not the lads fault that we are paying 20+ million for his services.

Andouble said:
10.Goater_Legend said:

absolutely. It's not the lads fault that we are paying 20+ million for his services.

Shouldnt of had such a good season ;)

Ticket For Schalke said:
Andouble said:

Shouldnt of had such a good season ;)
Indeed makes you wonder, if Villa are looking for £30m for Milner now, how much could we have asked for Ireland this time last year?.

The speculation being floated in one paper this morning, that £15m + Ireland and Onuoha will be enough to land Milner is one, were it not for the fact that it is complete bollocks, that I could see us act on.

Neddy and Ireland appear not to be 'part of the grand plan', esp. the latter.

This story as gone quiet recently, I do hope we sign Milner as I still think he is a good player who will do a lot of the hard work in mid. I wonder if we will make a second bid though.

IMO a one season wonder that (at best) would be an average performer in our team and at the price they are alleged to be looking for, a total no,no

£15M maybe then we may be able to say we got some value, but anything over that we have been ripped (once again)

justalittlemoreeffortade said:
IMO a one season wonder that (at best) would be an average performer in our team and at the price they are alleged to be looking for, a total no,no

£15M maybe then we may be able to say we got some value, but anything over that we have been ripped (once again)
I'd rather we try for a workhhorse (like Milner) who can thread beautiful balls, tackle and dictate a game, like Schweinstieger, he'd be my first choice central midfield target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.