Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
blue_soundwave said:
Matt Diablo said:
some people on here really are fukin clueless... get rid of Ireland, he has been utter shite for a good year now and obviously hasnt got the bollox to deal with serious competition, while Milner is an exceptional pro who is only going to get better and English - sorry when did Ireland win young platyer of the season in the entire Prem. league??!!!

I'd take that deal no probs...people really need to get off their idiotic horse and smell the roses...

-- Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:00 pm --

Better change your name mate!!!

Ireland should've won it in 08/09, no way did Young have a better season than him.

Agree. wasn't there some kind of bollocks excuse for him not winning tho..I seem to remember Young was either bobbins for the second half of that season or injured or experienced some equally limiting condition that curtailed his footballing which was a bit like a slap in the face considering Stevie's whole season...

I think Ireland will shine again this year, can't believe some are saying he had a bad preseason as when I watched though's games I thought he was our ONLY real playmaker.

Fine he's still a little rusty, but his speed of thought and vision are still there.

A big season for Ste this year come what may.

Come on Mr I.

Petetheblu said:
I think Ireland will shine again this year, can't believe some are saying he had a bad preseason as when I watched though's games I thought he was our ONLY real playmaker.

Fine he's still a little rusty, but his speed of thought and vision are still there.

Come on Mr I.

Problem is i cant see him getting many games this year so i don't think he will have the chance to shine. Ive never doubted his ability, but he just seems so lazy lol

McNair9 said:
Petetheblu said:

Come on Mr I.

Problem is i cant see him getting many games this year so i don't think he will have the chance to shine. Ive never doubted his ability, but he just seems so lazy lol

Fair do's bud, but I don't think he's lazy I just don't think he's taken his chance when its come and I bet he's gutted that it hasn't worked out for him last season.

All he needs is an early goal and I think he will shine for us again.

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
blue_soundwave said:
Ireland should've won it in 08/09, no way did Young have a better season than him.

Agree. wasn't there some kind of bollocks excuse for him not winning tho..I seem to remember Young was either bobbins for the second half of that season or injured or experienced some equally limiting condition that curtailed his footballing which was a bit like a slap in the face considering Stevie's whole season...
<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:27 am --<br /><br />
oakiecokie said:
DenisLawBackHeel74 said:

Sorry but it doesn`t work like that !!!!!!!
The nominations from the Players is actually taken from Jan 1st until Dec of that year ie a 12 month calendar.
So irrespective of how Players perform from say August to Feb in that season,only a part vote is taken on their performance,from 2 halves of each successive season !!!!
Bollocks I know !!!!!!!!!!!!
But thats how it works.
Why do you think Giggs won it ?
He had a brilliant late half of one season (Jan to May) and then did a bit more at the beginning of the previous season.
As far as I understand it the PFA and its members (the players) want to change this for the beginning of a season until the near end of the same season.

On SSN yesterday MON said Milner didn't play because of these back spasms, then they show Milner stood near the bench rubbing his back etc, looked very suspect to me.

Surely if they valued him at £30m he'd be getting massage not hunched over on a bench.

Was it just me that thought it was a bit strange?

Is this the smokescreen we've been longing for
;)

So where is Milner's preferred position? On which wing does he play best? We already have Silva and SWP on the right flank with AJ and Bellers on the left. Just curious about where he would fit into the City lineup. This from Wiki...

"Milner is regarded as being a tenacious footballer.[6][30][80] As a result, his main role on the team is as a wide midfielder who creates scoring opportunities, as well as taking the ball past defenders. He could be deemed a traditional English winger. While Milner does not score many goals, he does have a good record at providing assists.[81] Nolberto Solano, a former teammate, said that because of his ability, Milner would "become an important team player".[82] After his move to Newcastle he began playing more as a winger.[21] He has been described as "comfortable on either wing".[81] He has also been used occasionally as a central midfielder and as an emergency right-back, generally during an injury crisis.

Milner has the ability to pass accurately and shoot from a great distance from goal.[81] As a result, he usually goes forward for set pieces and is often a candidate to take corners and free kicks.[83] Critical opinion is divided as to Milner's crossing ability. While some commentators have been critical of his ability in this area, other journalists have said that Milner can produce accurate crosses."

lionheart said:
So where is Milner's preferred position? On which wing does he play best? We already have Silva and SWP on the right flank with AJ and Bellers on the left. Just curious about where he would fit into the City lineup. This from Wiki...

"Milner is regarded as being a tenacious footballer.[6][30][80] As a result, his main role on the team is as a wide midfielder who creates scoring opportunities, as well as taking the ball past defenders. He could be deemed a traditional English winger. While Milner does not score many goals, he does have a good record at providing assists.[81] Nolberto Solano, a former teammate, said that because of his ability, Milner would "become an important team player".[82] After his move to Newcastle he began playing more as a winger.[21] He has been described as "comfortable on either wing".[81] He has also been used occasionally as a central midfielder and as an emergency right-back, generally during an injury crisis.

Milner has the ability to pass accurately and shoot from a great distance from goal.[81] As a result, he usually goes forward for set pieces and is often a candidate to take corners and free kicks.[83] Critical opinion is divided as to Milner's crossing ability. While some commentators have been critical of his ability in this area, other journalists have said that Milner can produce accurate crosses."

Milner played a lot of last season as a central midfield player but he can also play out wide or even fullback, so the answer to where we could play him is: pretty much anywhere the system requires in the midfield. It will depend on which system we choose to play & which players perform consistently. My bet is, if we sign Milner, he will perform consistently & the usual 'in & out' performers will continue to be inconsistent, so Milner will play more than them.

Manchester City have hit a brick wall in their attempts to sign James Milner from Aston Villa, who are refusing to give ground on a £28m asking price.

Mancini, chief executive Garry Cook and football administrator Brian Marwood have indicated that they feel £24m is a fair valuation for the midfielder.

Villa initially wanted £30m, and publicly rejected a City bid of £20m in May. Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner is expected to visit his club on Friday, and matters may become clearer then.

City, who also remain locked in talks with Inter Milan over a £24m deal for teenage striker Mario Balotelli, are adamant they will not pay over the odds.

Roque Santa Cruz is pondering his options as he heads for the exit door, with French champions Marseille and Greek side Olympiacos joining Stoke, Fulham and Turkish club Fenerbahce in the chase for the striker

Does anyone think we actually have a back up should milner not happen because i personally don't tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.