Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have already paid over the odds for players so now we have to reap what we sew...
Do not let clubs hold us to ransom...walk away.

I think we just need to stop, get pre-season started and work with who we have...jeez, we JUST missed out on 4th with the players we had...we've bought some cracking players. Lets just knuckle down and get focussed.

If we dont spend anymore on Premier League players, other teams wont have (as much) to spend.

We've a great squad, lets just get this shit started!!!

AlexWilliamsGloves said:
I think we just need to stop, get pre-season started and work with who we have...jeez, we JUST missed out on 4th with the players we had...we've bought some cracking players. Lets just knuckle down and get focussed.

If we dont spend anymore on Premier League players, other teams wont have (as much) to spend.

I agree. We should only buy players from abroad, then nobody else will be able to spend in the Prem.

AlexWilliamsGloves said:

Brilliant post! We were only ninety minutes away from glory last season, we'll surely close that gap now.

That said, I could see how Milner would benefit us. Pienaar's got a similarly good engine, I would go for him instead.

samharris said:
We have already paid over the odds for players so now we have to reap what we sew...

I think the Milner saga is the perfect time to make an example. In truth, if we miss out on this player it's no big loss imo. Ya, I'd like to have him, but he is not the difference between winning and losing out on titles this season.

Walking away from Milner and Villa will allow City a feather in their cap when they sit and negotiate this January for players, next summer and in the years to come. i.e. this is our bid. you don't like it we walk away. we did with Villa and we will do it again!

HellasLEAF said:
samharris said:

I think the Milner saga is the perfect time to make an example. In truth, if we miss out on this player it's no big loss imo. Ya, I'd like to have him, but he is not the difference between winning and losing out on titles this season.

Walking away from Milner and Villa will allow City a feather in their cap when they sit and negotiate this January for players, next summer and in the years to come. i.e. this is our bid. you don't like it we walk away. we did with Villa and we will do it again!

I agree with you, we can't make claims of "not paying over the odds" then potentially paying 28mill plus for him we will look stupid imo.

Jimma said:
The Fixer said:
I don't think we have an alternative to him pete, this has been ongoing for like 7 weeks and we appear to be no further forward mate. Why haven't we looked elsewhere? (i suppose we might have done just us fans don't know) but highly unlikely imo.

gourcuff maybe?

Most definitely!!!!

ah!! but remember its not about what we want to pay if a club doesnt want to sell its about how much you would have to pay so they cant refuse... like chelsea did with us years ago. we didnt want shaun to go but an offer of 22m was to good an offer at the time... only my opinion of course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.