Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Fixer said:
Manchester City have hit a brick wall in their attempts to sign James Milner from Aston Villa, who are refusing to give ground on a £28m asking price.

Mancini, chief executive Garry Cook and football administrator Brian Marwood have indicated that they feel £24m is a fair valuation for the midfielder.

Villa initially wanted £30m, and publicly rejected a City bid of £20m in May. Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner is expected to visit his club on Friday, and matters may become clearer then.

City, who also remain locked in talks with Inter Milan over a £24m deal for teenage striker Mario Balotelli, are adamant they will not pay over the odds.

Roque Santa Cruz is pondering his options as he heads for the exit door, with French champions Marseille and Greek side Olympiacos joining Stoke, Fulham and Turkish club Fenerbahce in the chase for the striker

Does anyone think we actually have a back up should milner not happen because i personally don't tbh.

£24m is too much, £28m is laughable

The Fixer said:
Manchester City have hit a brick wall in their attempts to sign James Milner from Aston Villa, who are refusing to give ground on a £28m asking price.

Mancini, chief executive Garry Cook and football administrator Brian Marwood have indicated that they feel £24m is a fair valuation for the midfielder.

Villa initially wanted £30m, and publicly rejected a City bid of £20m in May. Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner is expected to visit his club on Friday, and matters may become clearer then.

City, who also remain locked in talks with Inter Milan over a £24m deal for teenage striker Mario Balotelli, are adamant they will not pay over the odds.

Roque Santa Cruz is pondering his options as he heads for the exit door, with French champions Marseille and Greek side Olympiacos joining Stoke, Fulham and Turkish club Fenerbahce in the chase for the striker

Does anyone think we actually have a back up should milner not happen because i personally don't tbh.
i hope we have fixer because i think this has gone on long enough!!! £24m is a great offer for milner but if villa are trying to be greedy then fine let them keep an unhappy player and have to pretty much keep the same squad with no improvements due to losing out on the money!! milner will not be the same player for them if he stays so either way it benefits us.

richards30 said:
The Fixer said:

i hope we have fixer because i think this has gone on long enough!!! £24m is a great offer for milner but if villa are trying to be greedy then fine let them keep an unhappy player and have to pretty much keep the same squad with no improvements due to losing out on the money!! milner will not be the same player for them if he stays so either way it benefits us.

I don't think we have an alternative to him pete, this has been ongoing for like 7 weeks and we appear to be no further forward mate. Why haven't we looked elsewhere? (i suppose we might have done just us fans don't know) but highly unlikely imo.

The Fixer said:
richards30 said:

I don't think we have an alternative to him pete, this has been ongoing for like 7 weeks and we appear to be no further forward mate. Why haven't we looked elsewhere? (i suppose we might have done just us fans don't know) but highly unlikely imo.
maybe we were alittle bit arrogant possibly on our behalf???? just assuming that villa would accept £20m?

The Fixer said:
richards30 said:

gourcuff maybe?

Jimma said:
The Fixer said:

gourcuff maybe?
possibly jimma or arteta still maybe?

richards30 said:
The Fixer said:
maybe we were alittle bit arrogant possibly on our behalf???? just assuming that villa would accept £20m?

Well you need to start the bidding somewhere, well from what city are saying "we won't pay over the odds" we might not get any more business done as everyone wants big dollar off us.

The Fixer said:
richards30 said:

Well you need to start the bidding somewhere, well from what city are saying "we won't pay over the odds" we might not get any more business done as everyone wants big dollar off us.
very true mate!! i think £24m is an extremely good but fair offer and if they`ve said no then lets move on and see who else fancies it.

I like Milner's work rate, but that's about it.

With the season starting we need to set a deadline of tomorrow for a bid to be accepted, if it's not, then we need to move on.

The only reason i can't see us doing this i suppose is we can afford to start the season without Milner knowing he won't need time to get up to Prem speed and adjust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.