Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: city make milner bid (SSN)

I was suprised to see some of you say that you didn't notice him in the match against you when he made the most successful passes out of anyone on the pitch. He's creative, bags of energy, a winner, constantly learning and generally a fantastic player (down the middle)..

anything under £25 Million will be a steal for any team.

The strange thing is that Villa haven't confirmed receiving any bid and furthermore if we have placed any such bid it's yet to be rejected

Taylor said:
The strange thing is that Villa haven't confirmed receiving any bid and furthermore if we have placed any such bid it's yet to be rejected

Equally, there would've been a statement from them saying it's not true if we hadn't made a move.

The Fixer said:
Right chaps

Take this info in whatever way you like, i have in the last few moments recieved a pm on here off what i would consider a very respected poster and someone i believe is itk,

This person wishes to remain in the background and seldom posts his itk info directly on the board, this has been done via pm and i would consider his info solid!

James Milner/Aston Villa are indeed in advanced talks for the transfer of said player to Manchester City.

I thought this player was perhaps being used as a red herring, i'm reliably informed i couldn't be further from the truth.

This post is a genuine post not a wum i suppose the next few hours days will confim.

Thanks.

I told you it was a genuine post, well done to the poster who pm'ed me your identity will forever be hidden until you tell me otherwise. Top man!!

The Fixer said:
The Fixer said:
Right chaps

Take this info in whatever way you like, i have in the last few moments recieved a pm on here off what i would consider a very respected poster and someone i believe is itk,

This person wishes to remain in the background and seldom posts his itk info directly on the board, this has been done via pm and i would consider his info solid!

James Milner/Aston Villa are indeed in advanced talks for the transfer of said player to Manchester City.

I thought this player was perhaps being used as a red herring, i'm reliably informed i couldn't be further from the truth.

This post is a genuine post not a wum i suppose the next few hours days will confim.

Thanks.

I told you it was a genuine post, well done to the poster who pm'ed me your identity will forever be hidden until you tell me otherwise. Top man!!

yeh cheers fixer. made my mood slightly better

I think we are signing the wrong player here with Milner. Yes hes had a good season and been converted from a winger to a centre mid but Ireland had equal if not better season than Milner 2 years ago and look whats happened to him. Im not saying that Milner isnt a very good player but for 5 years now hes not done very much hence the reason he could only get in the England under 21 team and not the 1st team. I would rather us go after a more proven player than someone who has had 1 good season. If Milner had played the 2008/2009 season in central midfield and played well and then played like he did last season id be saying £20 million is a good deal but i think he could turn out to be a 1 season wonder like Ireland.

If he comes then im not going to think we've signed a shit player but just thinking we could of done better, and this is what i thought with RSC, Ade and Toure. RSC and Ade where players who just had 1 good season with their clubs and suddenly they are worth 4 times the amount their past club paid for them and with Toure it was clear to see that he was on the decline and wasnt going to get any better. I know i'll get stick for this post as most people on here see Milner as a top class player but im not getting my hopes up.

Lets just hope if this deal does happen then he plays just as good for us as he did for Villa because Gareth Barry didnt exactly cover himself in glory but Milner can still improve and lets hope he does and can take us to the next level

niall_mcfc said:
I think we are signing the wrong player here with Milner. Yes hes had a good season and been converted from a winger to a centre mid but Ireland had equal if not better season than Milner 2 years ago and look whats happened to him. Im not saying that Milner isnt a very good player but for 5 years now hes not done very much hence the reason he could only get in the England under 21 team and not the 1st team. I would rather us go after a more proven player than someone who has had 1 good season. If Milner had played the 2008/2009 season in central midfield and played well and then played like he did last season id be saying £20 million is a good deal but i think he could turn out to be a 1 season wonder like Ireland.

If he comes then im not going to think we've signed a shit player but just thinking we could of done better, and this is what i thought with RSC, Ade and Toure. RSC and Ade where players who just had 1 good season with their clubs and suddenly they are worth 4 times the amount their past club paid for them and with Toure it was clear to see that he was on the decline and wasnt going to get any better. I know i'll get stick for this post as most people on here see Milner as a top class player but im not getting my hopes up.

Lets just hope if this deal does happen then he plays just as good for us as he did for Villa because Gareth Barry didnt exactly cover himself in glory but Milner can still improve and lets hope he does and can take us to the next level

agree with most of what you say

however.....ade i think has proven and will continue to prove that he is a decent signing

Barry had a good start to the season but i think he seemed to be struggling with fitness at times.....he is a very good player though and will prove to be

i always said RSC was average and injury prone and it was a mistake to go for him....

10.Goater_Legend said:
The Fixer said:
Right chaps

Thanks.
Nice one Fixer

Yea cheers Fixer

niall_mcfc said:

Turned into a pretty balanced post by the end mate.
I have to say all these comparisons with Ireland do my nut in; SI is a pretty unique situation really, and just cos SI had one good season doesnt have anything to do with Milner, who has been quality for years - remember seeing him cause havoc wide right when he came to COMS with newcastle years ago.

SI has a rather, erm, interesting set of circumstances surrounding him, what with his sudden improvement in form, fitness, physique, energy levels, output on the pitch, then his heart problems last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.