Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: city make milner bid (SSN)

Villan said:
Not a chance your lot will get him for 20M! We paid 12M and he's now a much improved player and a certainty for the final world cup squad.

You paid what 24M for Lescott? Well i think it will be closer to 30M if he did go.

Let's bear in mind that our chairman came out last week and said he s not for sale.

No quotes from either club and the famous yellow bar of bullshit from sky sports means that i'm of the opinion that he's going no where.

Would you not agree that it's a side ways step at best if he was to go?

-- Wed May 19, 2010 10:05 pm --

Would also like to say that i feel that any talk of offer for any player should of waited until after the world cup. Surely we want our players to have clear heads and focusing on the world cup.
Got Barry for 12m
Paid less than that for Lescott AND Gollum said he wasn´t going anywhere
Read above
Sports journalists my arse
No - he´d be going to a club on the cusp of achieving whatever it wants

You are seriously deluded pal if you think City is a sideways step, with our financial resources there is only one place our club is going and thats forward, where as you on the other hand cannot expect to progess much furhter without substantial investment.

As for the world cup City come miles above my priorities than England and anyroad we have already stated we would like to do our business before the tournament starts if possible.

And tell your uneducated clown fans when singing we have won fuck all ,we were the first team in England to win a european and a domestic trophy in the same season, add to that two top flight chamionships . 4 FA cups (and 4 more finals) and a couple of league cups and it's not a bad haul.

Villan said:
Not a chance your lot will get him for 20M! We paid 12M and he's now a much improved player and a certainty for the final world cup squad.

You paid what 24M for Lescott? Well i think it will be closer to 30M if he did go.

Let's bear in mind that our chairman came out last week and said he s not for sale.

No quotes from either club and the famous yellow bar of bullshit from sky sports means that i'm of the opinion that he's going no where.

-- Wed May 19, 2010 10:05 pm --

Would also like to say that i feel that any talk of offer for any player should of waited until after the world cup. Surely we want our players to have clear heads and focusing on the world cup.

i think milner should ask serious questions about who city are letting go and who they are trying to sign, without these answers i honestly feel he will be better of staying at villa

Carlos The Jackal said:
You are seriously deluded pal if you think City is a sideways step, with our financial resources there is only one place our club is going and thats forward, whese as you on the other hand cannot expect to progess much furhter without substantial investment.

As for the world cup City come miles above my priorities than England and anyroad we have already stated we would like to do our business before the tournament starts if possible.

And tell your uneducated clown fans when singing we have won fuck all ,we were the first team in England to win a european and a domestic trophy in the same season, add to that two top flight chamionships . 4 FA cups (and 4 more finals) and a couple of league cups and it's not a bad haul.

Fantastic post!!

Villan said:

Everybody in our club has already stated that the aim for next season is to go for the title, which we will spend a few hundred million pounds trying to achieve. I'm not sure of Villa's ambitions for next season, but I imagine that it will be top four.

Whilst the clubs are comparable in terms of size, and you've won a little more than us, the more exciting future for Milner would probably be with us. If you were a footballer who was young and wanted to win trophies, and had a choice of Villa or City, who would you trust to win more over the next ten years?

Of course, if United or Chelsea come in, it may be a different story, but currently I see us as more then favourites to sign him. The only reasons that I could see him staying at Villa, is down to either loyalty to the club, or because he feels that he has a better chance of playing more games there.

Bid one of 3 or 4 I reckon.

The final fee will of course be undisclosed, the press will hint it to be above £30M, though I reckon it will be just under that figure. Probably be done a few days before the WC.

Not any info in that, just estimations based on previous deals and the initial bid.

Looking good, hopefully we get him :)

The only worrying thing is what happens to Stevie Ireland? hes already getting hardly any games and with these new players he'll get less, I'd hate to see someone with his potential to leave....

As for Milner it would be a sensible decision to move to City, obiously people will say its because of "the money" but were going places, villa are doing f-all.

Barry had the right idea.

20sbc07 said:
Looking good, hopefully we get him :)

The only worrying thing is what happens to Stevie Ireland? hes already getting hardly any games and with these new players he'll get less, I'd hate to see someone with his potential to leave....

As for Milner it would be a sensible decision to move to City, obiously people will say its because of "the money" but were going places, villa are doing f-all.

Barry had the right idea.

there will be a lot of our squad who wont be at city in the next couple of years and ireland will be one of them, he is a good player but not top drawer

Bluemoon115 said:
Bid one of 3 or 4 I reckon.

The final fee will of course be undisclosed, the press will hint it to be above £30M, though I reckon it will be just under that figure. Probably be done a few days before the WC.

Not any info in that, just estimations based on previous deals and the initial bid.

Spot on that, the average they add on to every player we sign is £5m.

They had 32.5 for Tevez before, its well know the buyout clause was 25.5m for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.