Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be very happy to sign Milner but if the deal quoted is correct then I think we are letting go of Stevie far too cheaply.This flies in the face of what happened allegedly yesterday when Sunderland made a quite decent offer for Ned - value for Ned7/8 M tops ?

Losing Ireland leaves us lacking in creativity from Midfield if we get to play 60 plus Games. Adam Johnson and Silva will be dead on their feet come April. He may also recapture his form.

Milner? like many have posted before I believe he is the key to beating the Bolton's of this World when our Big Guns are just that little bit below par.

I predict that if Ireland moves, he'll look brilliant till Christmas and papers, pundits and our own fans will be slagging us off for selling him.

On previous form, including his good 'season', he slump back into Mr Anonymous, but no one will then point out we made the right decision, as slagging us off is more fun.

Ireland has the potential and talent to be the next Scholes, but the application of Lee Trundle. In the 30 seasons the ginger one has been playing top flight football, how many bad seasons has he had? If creative players aren't on form, they don't offer much and for most of his career, Ireland hasn't offered much. If Ireland was 19, he'd be worth another chance, but I think he's proved he's not got the mental strength to be a top player.

I think it is a good deal for us, if it is to be believed that the fee is £18m + Ireland as I dont think Ireland is in Mancini's plans, maybe not even in the 25 final squad if Milner came for straight cash. The squad is just evolving trust Mancini.

Anyone who thinks we can get 10/12 million for Ireland need to think again!!

If the deal is 18million + Ireland = max 25 million

I value Ireland between 5/7 million

don't shoot me, it's goal.com

16 plus Ireland for Milner...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2010/08/07/2059789/aston-villa-manager-martin-oneill-admits-james-milner-is-on" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2 ... lner-is-on</a>

Very concerned about Ireland going unless someone else is coming in who can create from the middle of the park.

Without Ireland, Silva is our only real option for 60ish games, in a new country and league for him.

Thaksins Love Child said:
Very concerned about Ireland going unless someone else is coming in who can create from the middle of the park.

Without Ireland, Silva is our only real option for 60ish games, in a new country and league for him.

Yaya is pretty good at it too!!!!! Plus Robinho

V MYSTERYMAN said:
Villa fan here ! Milner played in midfield from November last year and had a very good 6 months but when he came up against the real top centre midfield players like Lampard / Gerrard to a degree and Fabregas he was blown away . Villa supporters prior to that even the season before were questioning the money we paid for him as he was nothing special as a wide man . Has great stamina and you will love his work rate also scored some good goals and gave us something from midfield we haven't had for a while . However he was the penalty taker so his number of goals gets a bit miscontrued . He is definately not the best wide player infact Young and your Johnson are far better . He lacks genuine pace to get round people . The kid has played an awful lot of football in them legs and trust me that is a consideration . I think you will get consistent player who will enable you to close games out but he is hardly a world beating midfield player based on 6 months in centre midfield . Managers dream as he will play anywhere and play when he is injured or isn't fit where others wouldn't ! As for the deal if it was anybody other than you he is worth 20 mill at the very tops and thats generous . I still think though he will do you a decent job but he is not as good a footballer as say Barry was in most Villa fans opinions . There was far more disappointment in Barry going than there will be over Milner but the bigger issue is that we simply cannot compete anymore with yourselves . Ireland has all the makings of a decent player and I have been impressed with him and hopefully ONeil can tame him and get him back to the form he showed 2 seasons ago .
Thanks for the review.

Maybe Milner struggled against the better teams because Villa just aren't at that level yet? It's not possible for Milner to boss the midfield on his own.

Not sure what to make of Ireland. Two years ago most City fans thought he was on the way to Sunderland and didn't have what it takes to be a Premiership player. Then he had a great season. Last season was a nightmare for him. I can't remember him having a good game & he made some costly mistakes in big games. Maybe he didn't have the confidence of the new manager and knew it. I've always liked Ireland and I was willing him on last season, but if he's the only way to get Milner then I hope the deal can be done. We've got Yaya Toure now who is a fantastic footballer but you need more than 1 midfielder who can play with his energy and dynamism.

For me Milner is a mini-Steven Gerrard. Not as good yet as Gerrard at his best, but better than the current version.

Respect to MON and Villa fans. A stark contrast to Moyes and some Evertonians

Yaya is pretty good at it too!!!!! Plus Robinho[/quote]

If Robinho came with the right frame of mind like when he plays for Brazil it would be the best signing of the summer. However he has took every chance to slate us since leaving on loan, it would take some outstanding performances to win the fans back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.