Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ever since that aston game ( i cant remember who they played) but the keeper came out, and the throw in was taken quickly and milner chipped the keeper. i have really liked him. im chuffed he is coming here.

i also like his attitude/work rate. i think everyone will respect him, like people do to gerrard (sorry for the comparison again).

I posted on Villa talk a month ago that from your end you thought you had a deal in place with Villa for 28 mill I suspect thats what the deal is valued at when it gets sorted on Monday .

Ntini77 said:
I just hope he isn't bought to play right wing, he's much better as a all action central midfielder.
Mate this exactly why were are buying him, he will happily play anywhere, and is quality in the centre as well as very effective out wide, he's a managers dream.

The difference between Ireland and Milner is that, Ireland had one good season and has since fallen badly from that standard. On the other hand, Milner has improved season on season and has been a model of consistency.

You never know what you are going to get with Ireland, whereas you know exactly what you are going to get with Milner and at the level we are now, we just can't take the chance with ireland.

As much as I have enjoyed Ireland in the past, it's now Milner for me every time.

V MYSTERYMAN said:
Marvin ,

I am a realist in an ideal world I would prefer him to have stayed but with the deal on offer for me it's a no brainer Villa can use it and improve the team / squad overall . Milner is good professional and strives to improve totally teetotal and very ambitious . Settles in quickly and if the deal didn't happen ( I hope it does ) he would have no problems about getting on with the job at Villa as he proved when he was actually at Bodymoor Heath about to sign for us in 2006 for 4 mill on deadline days when Newcastle pulled the plug on the deal . When he plays wide he is an up and down player tracks back and stops people getting crosses in but as Newcastle fans told us his ratio of balls in wide isn't as good as say Young we now have a young kid called albrighton who delivers exceptionally well from wide positions . Milner is 25 he is nowhere near what Gerrard was at that age but you can see the comparisons . I maintain he will be a decent signing for City and do you a job but he is not going to be a match winner . His passing is not as good as Irelands but his versatality and stamina are things you are going to need to win things . I am not anti City I infact wouldn't mind you lot winning it but think you simply have bought in too many people to gell straightaway . Wouldn't bet on Mancini seeing Xmas either .
I watched your friendly v Valencia and Albrighton was very good. Ashley Young is a great crosser of the ball as well. Points taken.

I don't think City fans expect Milner to unlock defences with a flick or a little through ball. We've got other players to do that. It's about getting the mix right

I agree City may struggle to get the best of the players, but I would expect Milner to settle in quicker than the foreign buys. If Mancini is smart about things he wont play all the new signings straight away.

Given the number of buys I am not expecting City to be top 6 this season, and I agree Mancini may pay the price for buying so many players. The trouble is UEFA's new financial regulations forced our hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.