Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
V MYSTERYMAN said:
Villa fan here ! Milner played in midfield from November last year and had a very good 6 months but when he came up against the real top centre midfield players like Lampard / Gerrard to a degree and Fabregas he was blown away . Villa supporters prior to that even the season before were questioning the money we paid for him as he was nothing special as a wide man . Has great stamina and you will love his work rate also scored some good goals and gave us something from midfield we haven't had for a while . However he was the penalty taker so his number of goals gets a bit miscontrued . He is definately not the best wide player infact Young and your Johnson are far better . He lacks genuine pace to get round people . The kid has played an awful lot of football in them legs and trust me that is a consideration . I think you will get consistent player who will enable you to close games out but he is hardly a world beating midfield player based on 6 months in centre midfield . Managers dream as he will play anywhere and play when he is injured or isn't fit where others wouldn't ! As for the deal if it was anybody other than you he is worth 20 mill at the very tops and thats generous . I still think though he will do you a decent job but he is not as good a footballer as say Barry was in most Villa fans opinions . There was far more disappointment in Barry going than there will be over Milner but the bigger issue is that we simply cannot compete anymore with yourselves . Ireland has all the makings of a decent player and I have been impressed with him and hopefully ONeil can tame him and get him back to the form he showed 2 seasons ago .

I thought Milner was pretty exceptional for you lot tbh, a lot better than Barry was for us anyhow. If you do get Ireland & get the best out of him, you've got one hell of a player. Why he doesn't produce that level more often is a mystery though & a lot of the excuses people are giving for it don't wash with me. Still, I'd much rather keep Ireland for another season & see if we can get him playing than sell him to you. I recon he'd link up well with Silva, as will Milner tbf.

[quote Still, I'd much rather keep Ireland for another season & see if we can get him playing than sell him to you. I recon he'd link up well with Silva, as will Milner tbf.[/quote]

Thats my thoughts stevie could still be a awesome player if we can get his head right , worth another season ?

whats with this wank fest with Ireland.... he had one good season in 4 and that was in a poor team, Milner is bigger, stronger and as more pace plus can play in more than one postion !!!

Get Milner in .... its not your money city are spending.... look where we are now compared to 3 years ago when Ireland had a good year !!!

Marvin ,

I am a realist in an ideal world I would prefer him to have stayed but with the deal on offer for me it's a no brainer Villa can use it and improve the team / squad overall . Milner is good professional and strives to improve totally teetotal and very ambitious . Settles in quickly and if the deal didn't happen ( I hope it does ) he would have no problems about getting on with the job at Villa as he proved when he was actually at Bodymoor Heath about to sign for us in 2006 for 4 mill on deadline days when Newcastle pulled the plug on the deal . When he plays wide he is an up and down player tracks back and stops people getting crosses in but as Newcastle fans told us his ratio of balls in wide isn't as good as say Young we now have a young kid called albrighton who delivers exceptionally well from wide positions . Milner is 25 he is nowhere near what Gerrard was at that age but you can see the comparisons . I maintain he will be a decent signing for City and do you a job but he is not going to be a match winner . His passing is not as good as Irelands but his versatality and stamina are things you are going to need to win things . I am not anti City I infact wouldn't mind you lot winning it but think you simply have bought in too many people to gell straightaway . Wouldn't bet on Mancini seeing Xmas either .

bluestew said:
whats with this wank fest with Ireland.... he had one good season in 4 and that was in a poor team, Milner is bigger, stronger and as more pace plus can play in more than one postion !!!

Get Milner in .... its not your money city are spending.... look where we are now compared to 3 years ago when Ireland had a good year !!!

Milner isn't fast.

Ntini77 said:
bluestew said:

Milner isn't fast.

Would any of you picking a team put Ireland in over Milner?.......... If you would you shouldn't be talking football let alone watching it!

Don't get me wrong I love Ireland great player but we have to look forward not backwards and I think Milner could prove to be one of the signing of the summer?

triger700 said:
Ntini77 said:
Milner isn't fast.

Would any of you picking a team put Ireland in over Milner?.......... If you would you shouldn't be talking football let alone watching it!

Don't get me wrong I love Ireland great player but we have to look forward not backwards and I think Milner could prove to be one of the signing of the summer?

Ireland from last season above Milner never, Ireland from the season before above Milner, almost every time.

Have to trust city/Bobby on this one.

I'm neither an Ireland inner or outer, i thought he was great in Hughes first season but hasn't produced since... stevie's got a good touch/technique and an eye for a final pass but for me he flits in and out of games and doesn't appear consistent enough... i doubt he would of been more than a squad player tbh.

Milner well he was voted young player of the year, he has more energy than any of our midfielders... he's a decent technique and very versatile. For me he would have more affect on our midfield than stevie on current form... for me milner won't really be a squad player unlike stevie but a first teamer.

When both on form i'd tip stevie as the slightly better player purely based on his play in the last third of the field.... unfortunately we never have a consistent on form stevie so for me milner is better suited for our team.

*Awaits hurl of abuse*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.