Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: city make milner bid (SSN)

*singingtheblues* said:
Am I the only one who'd be gutted to see a younger, technically superior Steven Ireland pushed out of the door to make room for Milner?

As good a player Milner is, he wouldn't be the answer to our problems in midfield.

Unless we get the opportunity to sign a genuine central midfield talent who has the technical ability to fill the creative void in our side, while representing a significant leap forward, I'd rather we just placed some faith in Ireland, gave him the freedom he craves, and watched him flourish.

I really fear letting Ireland leave would be a mistake of colossal proportions, and I'm almost certain it would come back to bite us on the arse.

I'm with you in some respect, however I'm just pissed off that he hasn't bothered his backside to improve at all. I'd rather have milner, but for the price we have bid, villa can fuck themselves

mancityscot said:
*singingtheblues* said:
Am I the only one who'd be gutted to see a younger, technically superior Steven Ireland pushed out of the door to make room for Milner?

As good a player Milner is, he wouldn't be the answer to our problems in midfield.

Unless we get the opportunity to sign a genuine central midfield talent who has the technical ability to fill the creative void in our side, while representing a significant leap forward, I'd rather we just placed some faith in Ireland, gave him the freedom he craves, and watched him flourish.

I really fear letting Ireland leave would be a mistake of colossal proportions, and I'm almost certain it would come back to bite us on the arse.

I'm with you in some respect, however I'm just pissed off that he hasn't bothered his backside to improve at all. I'd rather have milner, but for the price we have bid, villa can fuck themselves

Regardless of whether milner comes, ireland will not be here next season!

lee-mcfc said:
hilts said:
wouldnt pay more than 20 to be honest, im not having there isnt a footballer available who is as good as milner for that price, would also love to know how we decide on targets if it is mancini, marwood or a mixture of both

agreeed!

I agree.

*singingtheblues* said:

its all about opinions fella, i believe milner is a consistently better player than ireland, technical ability is good but you need other attributes as well, berbatov for instance is technically great but you would prefer alan shearer(when he was playing) for example in your team, attitude and drive is vital

It's hardly surprising that the first bid was knocked back. When we signed Barry, Mark Hughes couldn't wait to tell everyone that we would have gone a lot higher.
Villa will screw us for every penny they can get.

stony said:
It's hardly surprising that the first bid was knocked back. When we signed Barry, Mark Hughes couldn't wait to tell everyone that we would have gone a lot higher.
Villa will screw us for every penny they can get.

agreed i this the rsc and lescott sagas did us no favours

Haha, all these people saying "Well, I wouldn't pay any more than £20m for Milner!!". Yeah, because it's YOUR money that they are using to pay for him, and paying an extra £5m will hugely effect our ticket prices and ability to spend long term!

It doesn't matter if we pay £100m for him. Some people don't seem to understand the whole 'money no object' thing.

*singingtheblues* said:

I agree with part of what you say, about him coming back to bite us on the arse. But when you look at the stats for our "one season wonder" and "villa`s one season wonder" I know who I`d go for.

Over the last five years

Ireland 138 games played 18 goals scored 16 assists
Milner 168 games played 16 goals scored 41 assists

Personally I think the amount of assists is amazing considering villa aren`t known for their scoring and two of them years he was playing for newcastle.

i was saying to my brother 2 weeks ago that Milner (for me) has been one of the best players in the league this season, so although i'm feeling slightly underwhelmed with the (potential) signing, i should be over the blue moon and i'm sure he can do a great job for us. I think if he gets a sniff of a trophy, he will become very very hungry for success, he seems like that sort of character, he could become a talisman in our midfield in the next 2 seasons. Fingers crossed he'll do well for us and even improve on this season.

CTID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.