Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Fixer said:
There is/was a problem with the scanner and so there was a queue back log of people waiting to have their scans.

FFS lets buy a fkin scanner. The press would love it ;-)

The Fixer said:
pbibs said:
FFS lets buy a fkin scanner. The press would love it ;-)

Evening mate, did you manage to read my pm pbibs?

Yes, you got me mixed up with somebody else. I will give it a go for a laugh though. Sorry I didnt get round to replying.

levets said:
The Fixer said:
There is/was a problem with the scanner and so there was a queue back log of people waiting to have their scans.

Some youth team player from another club is holding it up!!!

I would have thought we'd have pre arranged it all?

cant we just buy the other player and tell him to wait for his fucking scan?

Some other forums that i go on are saying that this deal is worse than the Ibrahimovic + cash for Eto swap!

I would hasten to argue that Milner is a top player but even i can't see how any City fan can't think that you have been thoroughly shafted by this deal. Your former player of the season and the best thing to come out of your youth squad + 18M for a player that has had one stand out season in the premier league. Now i'm not saying that i don't think that Milner is a great player but the same things were said about a season ago from yourselves for Ireland.

Plus today Bellamy also left. Arguably your best player last season bar Tevez.

Anyone think that Ireland linking up with Young will prove to be very fruitful for us?

from villatalk, a good read on a villa fans opinion

I think Milner will be a major asset for Ci£y - in a few years he could well be viewed as their best signing in the big money era.

It's a bit ridiculous to say he's going there for the money and he's going to rot on the bench - that's just sour grapes

It's clear by the quiet way he's forced this transfer (just like he did when he moved to us) that he has serious ambition. He's a bit like the hardworking kid at school who was not spectacular, but you later find out became a multi millionaire businessman through sheer determination and hard work. He will want to play at the highest level and in a few years Man Ci£y will be able to offer that and if things go to plan for him he'll be a key part of the team. He'll have thought about this hard and will want to seize the opportunity - it won't be about the money at all. I think this transfer is similar to when Lampard moved to Chelsea; Milner can have the same eventual effect.

It's difficult to say this is a good deal for Villa, but considering Milner wanted to leave it's probably the best mitigation we can hope for.

Ireland is a good player and will help with our attacking options, but Villa will be weakened and we really need a dynamic MF with a big engine who can pass and break up the play. We will suffer for not having a manager to oversee the purchase of the players we need and are in danger of this season being a write-off in terms of continued progression. Let's hope Ireland finds his feet here and we can get the right manager in soon.

Villan said:
Some other forums that i go on are saying that this deal is worse than the Ibrahimovic + cash for Eto swap!

I would hasten to argue that Milner is a top player but even i can't see how any City fan can't think that you have been thoroughly shafted by this deal. Your former player of the season and the best thing to come out of your youth squad + 18M for a player that has had one stand out season in the premier league. Now i'm not saying that i don't think that Milner is a great player but the same things were said about a season ago from yourselves for Ireland.

Anyone think that Ireland linking up with Young will prove to be very fruitful for us?

No. I also think slating milner is showing a lack of class. The difference between us is this, We can afford to lose stevie, can you afford to lose the heartbeat of your team? I don't think you can.

Villan said:

disagree to be honest fella, i think wev got one of our better deals since we started splashing the cash. stevie, on current form, cant be worth anymore than 5 mill to city really, if that, i think the only way he may have been able to turn it around was a move away, which im so glad he has, because played in the right way at villa i think he may be excellent for you. i think milners age, the fact hes english, and the fact we are city has all bumped the price up abit. so 23 24 mill for milner seems a decent price imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.