Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@villan

You see stevie may be the best thing to our academy but he's been shit for a while now. nothing like he was 18 months ago. It remains to be seen if this is down to just needing a fresh start or training too hard. He had a dodgy spell where he apparently had some kind of dizzy spell. it was kept hush hush to what that exactly was but im putting it down to his lack of performance.

lets hope he returns to his best at Villa as im sure most city fans have nothing against Ireland. More that Cook and Marwood have their own agendas in what face now fits at city.

glen quagmire said:
Villan said:
Some other forums that i go on are saying that this deal is worse than the Ibrahimovic + cash for Eto swap!

I would hasten to argue that Milner is a top player but even i can't see how any City fan can't think that you have been thoroughly shafted by this deal. Your former player of the season and the best thing to come out of your youth squad + 18M for a player that has had one stand out season in the premier league. Now i'm not saying that i don't think that Milner is a great player but the same things were said about a season ago from yourselves for Ireland.

Plus today Bellamy also left. Arguably your best player last season bar Tevez.

Anyone think that Ireland linking up with Young will prove to be very fruitful for us?

No. I also think slating milner is showing a lack of class. The difference between us is this, We can afford to lose stevie, can you afford to lose the heartbeat of your team? I don't think you can.

Where in that post have i slated Milner??

Villan said:
Some other forums that i go on are saying that this deal is worse than the Ibrahimovic + cash for Eto swap!

I would hasten to argue that Milner is a top player but even i can't see how any City fan can't think that you have been thoroughly shafted by this deal. Your former player of the season and the best thing to come out of your youth squad + 18M for a player that has had one stand out season in the premier league. Now i'm not saying that i don't think that Milner is a great player but the same things were said about a season ago from yourselves for Ireland.

Anyone think that Ireland linking up with Young will prove to be very fruitful for us?

Ireland the best product of our youth academy? I'd personally rate a number of others above him.
I hope he does well at Villa, he needed the move and I'd expect him to put in a couple of excellent seasons. however, it simply wasn't working for him at City.

As for Bellamy. He was excellent for most of last season and nobody is disputing that. He is not being moved on because of his ability, he is being moved on because he is disruptive. Simple. We are just lucky enough to be able to move a player of his quality on and replace him with a player of better quality in David Silva.

As for overpaying, your right we are overpaying but why would any City fan be unhappy? Its not our money, it won't effect our ability to buy in the next window and we are getting a quality player who in my opinion Villa will not be able to replace, therefore weakening a strong rival.

Villan said:

have you watched ireland play since he won player of the year in 2008 ?

dont if its been posted yet ,forum running very slow.
But SSN just shown Milner leaving his medical ,then poseing with 2 young city fans while they took fotos.

Villan said:

FFS I have heard it all now!! Mentioning Milner and Ireland in the same breath as Ibra and Eto'o is simply laughable!!

Most fans on all football forums can't see past their own teams and so called great players, but for me Milner & Ireland are no better than good premiership players. The difference is Ireland has flattered to deceive on too many occasions.

He may turn out to be good for you, but I wouldn't bet on it. Unlike Dunney, he has only had one good season and for me isn't even good enough to play for a top 6 team.

Finally as for him being our best academy player, this is something else I will say rubbish too. MJ is streets ahead of him in technical and mental ability, and if it wasn't for his injuries I don't think Ireland would have got into the team and may well be at another club long before now.

Also, can I add that Paul Lake is the best player I have seen come through our youth system!!

mad zab said:
Villan said:

FFS I have heard it all now!! Mentioning Milner and Ireland in the same breath as Ibra and Eto'o is simply laughable!!

Most fans on all football forums can't see past their own teams and so called great players, but for me Milner & Ireland are no better than good premiership players. The difference is Ireland has flattered to deceive on too many occasions.

He may turn out to be good for you, but I wouldn't bet on it. Unlike Dunney, he has only had one good season and for me isn't even good enough to play for a top 6 team.

Finally as for him being our best academy player, this is something else I will say rubbish too. MJ is streets ahead of him in technical and mental ability, and if it wasn't for his injuries I don't think Ireland would have got into the team and may well be at another club long before now.

Also, can I add that Paul Lake is the best player I have seen come through our youth system!!

have to agree with the above and defo on the paul lake .

If there were to be a straw poll

90% of Villa fans believe they have got the better deal
90% of city fans believe they have got the best deal
100% of TV pundits and press KFA

Other fans of other clubs i don't give a shit, but even if they were to side with Villa, as city fans do we really care what others think, I don't, lets just say as in most deals each side believes a fair deal has been done and both parties are content with what they have bought. Good luck villa for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.