Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
Villan said:
Some other forums that i go on are saying that this deal is worse than the Ibrahimovic + cash for Eto swap!

I would hasten to argue that Milner is a top player but even i can't see how any City fan can't think that you have been thoroughly shafted by this deal. Your former player of the season and the best thing to come out of your youth squad + 18M for a player that has had one stand out season in the premier league. Now i'm not saying that i don't think that Milner is a great player but the same things were said about a season ago from yourselves for Ireland.

Plus today Bellamy also left. Arguably your best player last season bar Tevez.

Anyone think that Ireland linking up with Young will prove to be very fruitful for us?

Agree with you Villan and agree with the other people that are saying this is a bad deal for City. We are getting rid of a player who's had 1 good season for another player who has done the same and on top of that giving the other team £18 million. How can that be a good deal? I dont rate either of them and i know money isnt an option but id much rather keep Ireland and spend the money on someone else. Ireland does seem like hed need a new change and if thats so then id just sell him for cash and then bring in a young midfielder because we dont have any young players coming through.

Milner has had more than one good season, it's just that he has progressively improved (unlike Ireland) and last season was his first standout year.

The Fixer said:
Did anyone know that milner was a school boy sprint champion? because i never, i remember seeing him at leeds and he was quick i thought but i keep hearing people say he's slow etc???
I didn't know that. I've never thought of him as being particularly quick

niall_mcfc said:

Agree with you Villan and agree with the other people that are saying this is a bad deal for City. We are getting rid of a player who's had 1 good season for another player who has done the same and on top of that giving the other team £18 million. How can that be a good deal? I dont rate either of them and i know money isnt an option but id much rather keep Ireland and spend the money on someone else. Ireland does seem like hed need a new change and if thats so then id just sell him for cash and then bring in a young midfielder because we dont have any young players coming through.

That my friend, is why you're a punter and not a manager. However, that's why we all have an opinion, time will tell.

Starting to think £24m for Milner is a bargin. 14m + Ireland(cost nothing) who has lost his head bigtime here, for the future of Englands midfield is a great deal. Hope a freash challenge gets Stevie going again.

niall_mcfc said:

City have one of the youngest squads in the Premiership. Johnson is still young and so is Ibrahim. You heard of Cunningham, Boyata, Mee, Nimley, Guidetti, Weiss? You're very ill informed. But you can't be a rag either, because they spend so much time owrryng about City that they know our strengths and weaknesses better than we do ourselves.

Milner has beena round for ages, and has over 200 League appearances to his name. He's been a solid player for Leeds, Newcastle and Villa and has been getting better every season. Ireland has around 100 League appearances and has had only 1 good season. Before he made his breakthrough he was a frequent topic of discussion on Bluemoon with many fans saying he'd never make it. Ireland commented on it himself saying he'd read the criticism and it made him determined to do something about it. He went on to produce some great football, but last season he was a shadow of the new Stevie Ireland

Lol. Milner has had more than one good season, he was decent back when he was playing for Newcastle even Leeds when he was 16 ! Thats why Newcastle and Villa paid big money for him !

The Villa ITK said it was £16 million + addons for success of another couple of million. The press are saying we gave Ireland a £1 million golden handshake.

Anyway Milner is Villas best player by some distance, even their fans admit this. He was one of their leading scorers last season with 12 goals and got the most assists more than Ashley Young. Look how he performed on Saturday for them. One goal one asssit. How did Ireland play on Saturday ?

When was the last time Ireland had a decent game ? I cant even remember he was shocking last season made no contribution to our team at all.

Thats the point really we are getting a player that stands to make a big contribution for one that hasnt made any for a long time.

I wish Ireland well but at the end of the day Villa have lost their best player by a long way and their manager - one of the best in the league because of this deal all for £16 million and Ireland who is a risk which ever way you look at it.

Will he settle down there away from his family ? He hasnt seemed happy going there all the way through this hes litterally been forced out of the door. They will also have to completely change the way their team play to accomodate him.

I wouldnt call that a great deal for Villa this deal could ruin there whole season.

I know it's not the right thread but fuck it, I'm drunk and only out of a kasabian concert in Belfast, got a great song for ya ya. In the tune of LSF's loop.... YA YA YA YA YA YA YA YA YA, YA YA YA YA TOURE! think that will b great hearing thousands singin it!

Kevblue said:
I know it's not the right thread but fuck it, I'm drunk and only out of a kasabian concert in Belfast, got a great song for ya ya. In the tune of LSF's loop.... YA YA YA YA YA YA YA YA YA, YA YA YA YA TOURE! think that will b great hearing thousands singin it!

Kasabian?? Get to bed.. you've got your paper round in the morning.

alera said:
Lol. Milner has had more than one good season, he was decent back when he was playing for Newcastle even Leeds when he was 16 ! Thats why Newcastle and Villa paid big money for him !

The Villa ITK said it was £16 million + addons for success of another couple of million. The press are saying we gave Ireland a £1 million golden handshake.

Anyway Milner is Villas best player by some distance, even their fans admit this. He was one of their leading scorers last season with 12 goals and got the most assists more than Ashley Young. Look how he performed on Saturday for them. One goal one asssit. How did Ireland play on Saturday ?

When was the last time Ireland had a decent game ? I cant even remember he was shocking last season made no contribution to our team at all.

Thats the point really we are getting a player that stands to make a big contribution for one that hasnt made any for a long time.

I wish Ireland well but at the end of the day Villa have lost their best player by a long way and their manager - one of the best in the league because of this deal all for £16 million and Ireland who is a risk which ever way you look at it.

Will he settle down there away from his family ? He hasnt seemed happy going there all the way through this hes litterally been forced out of the door. They will also have to completely change the way their team play to accomodate him.

I wouldnt call that a great deal for Villa this deal could ruin there whole season.
A villa poster on this forum said Ashely Young was their best player.

It's a good deal for Randy Lerner, but it wont be a good deal for Villa fans if they don't spend the cash. Perhaps Lerner is playing a very clever game and doesn't want to reveal his hand in the transfer mkt, but then why would O'Neil leave. Villa have lost their manager and best player in a fortnight, but they are very positive. fair play to them for that. Bluemoon would be a blood bath in the aftermath of a manager resigning and the star player being sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.