Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Milner Will Cost 30 million

The Fixer said:
Diego1983 said:
i think he is worth a good solid 18m after a very good season, now thats 18m to any team we have to remember it is peanuts to us i think is bobbty wants him then we should just pay the 30m and have done with it, i have this horrible feeling if we dont do it now or get something in place before the world cup he could have a fantastic tournament to finish his season off and then other teams will be keen to pay it.

i think he is one for the future and whilts we have the cash lets use it, didnt bacon face spend arround the same on a young shreck and look at him now

I don't see how ppl think he's going to have some tremendous world cup, we've seen this season, he's been scooled off the big boys, fabregas, lampard, viera etc he gets dominated off the best players imo. The world cup brings the best of the best and kaka et'al will fcuking cream him imo.

i think it is called an opinion ;) i just have a gut feeling thats all....

i agree what you are saying about the world cup brings the best of the best like KAKA and i am keeping my fingers crossed that Jose makes it clear before the tournement that he isnt part of his plans and we can snap him up before he shines on the world stage :) (he did say yes after all)

Diego1983 said:
The Fixer said:
I don't see how ppl think he's going to have some tremendous world cup, we've seen this season, he's been scooled off the big boys, fabregas, lampard, viera etc he gets dominated off the best players imo. The world cup brings the best of the best and kaka et'al will fcuking cream him imo.

i think it is called an opinion ;) i just have a gut feeling thats all....

i agree what you are saying about the world cup brings the best of the best like KAKA and i am keeping my fingers crossed that Jose makes it clear before the tournement that he isnt part of his plans and we can snap him up before he shines on the world stage :) (he did say yes after all)

Ah sorry wasn't try to be a twat, should of said i don't know how ppl have the opinion he will have a tremendous world cup, infact i doubt he will start many games tbh.

Lol not a chance with kaka, if he comes available Ancelotti will be foaming at the mouth.

Milner is another over hyped english player, he will never be in the class of our good english lads gerrard, lampard, cole, shrek. He was average at best against us this year, we should only buy players that can help us win trophies. He wont because he is not a match winner, hes a workhorse and we have plenty of those already. We need to buy a midfield play maker like the one Hughes sold who will be playing CM next to Kaka in the world cup. You need this type of player to go and win things imo.

Rammy Blue said:
BillyShears said:
I guess we'll know soon enough. One thing I did think when I read those articles. If Milner's a 30 million pound player, then Fabregas is a 60 million pound player. At least.

Lots to be played out in the transfer market over the coming two months...I'm fascinated.

Part of the problem with the Milner fee is that Villa paid 12mil for him so they expect a reasonable return on their investment.

I think our original offer, if it's to be believed, of 20mil plus add-ons up to 25mil is the fair price, I wouldn't go anywhere near 30mil otherwise we have been bumfucked.

It wouldn't be the first time...;- )

I tend to agree with you though. 20 million plus add-ons gives them a nice profit. The problem is, they will probably view it as a situation where they just don't need to sell him, and his current contract still has a few years to run, so they'll probably see silly money as the only real incentive to do the deal...

Don't forget, O'Neil is stubborn fuck who kept Barry against his wishes for a season. Milner could well end up in the same boat...

Either way, I'm sure we've got a few other players on our radar for that position. I'd rather we weren't dicked for any player, unless they are a 'marquee' signing - and Milner, with the best will in the world, ain't that...

I'd rather have Milner than that bag of shit Ireland, but he isn't worth 30m, so IMO we should walk away and go for Martinez.

£30m is taking the piss and would make us look like fools.

I know that there is a City premium, and that there is an argument that, if we want the player, we should pay the price as it doesn't matter.

Aside from showing an attitude towards money which makes me feel uncomfortable, there are other arguments against just coughing up. In no particular order:
1) How will we ever get players at a fair price if we do this? We will be making a rod for our own backs
2) What about the effect on the player himself? It's clear that the £24m price tag and the whole transfer saga did not do Lescott any favours this season - idem for Milner
3) If we get taken for a ride on transfer fees, you can bet that agents will do so even more re wages - which is if anything more serious, as it affects the motivation and psychology of the playing squad
4) We will show that we are not a serious footballing organisation that is capable of sensible analysis and decision making - not a good thing to do if you're attempting to be taken seriously at the top table, or by the cream of the world's young talent
5) We can't honestly overpay like that and retain any self respect.

£24-26 million I could stomach, but £30m is ridiculous. Obviously it's a problem that Vilal paid £12m for Milner and want to more than double their money, but maybe that means moving onto other targets. £24m would surely cause food for thought as Villa are now onto a sell to buy policy, maybe it's time to let them stew on that.

"For £30 million we should accept definitely!
He's a very good player, but he's not £30 million good.
I think the perfect deal for us would be Onahua, Ireland and £10 million for Milner. I think that's fairly realistic aswell considering Man City wasted £40 million on Toure and Adebayor"

" £30 million for James Milner is, quite frankly. hillarious.

And to think David Villa went for less than £5m more to the best club in the world.

Madness. "

Well even these villa fans don't tghink he's worth 30 big ones lol.

S.E.H said:
I'd rather have Milner than that bag of shit Ireland, but he isn't worth 30m, so IMO we should walk away and go for Martinez.

Player of the season last year... bag of shit this year... City fans... as fickle as they come.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.