Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Milner on verge of joining City for £28 Million

oakiecokie said:
ono said:
Great. We'll pay almost 3 times as much for a player nowhere near as good.

That was 7/8 years ago mate !!!
The world has gone mad with transfers over the past decade,so the valuation for a very good England Player is OK with me.
Don`t you trust the Owner and Khaldoon ?? Everyone was gushing about his superb interview that he gave on OS and people were saying what a brilliant Chairman we have.
Khaldoon and The Sheikh have obviously sanctioned the fee,so why worry.
Lamps turned into one of the best midfielders later on, than Milners 24 years of age and whether you like it or not so did Scholes !!
At least Milner does have PL knowledge.
Value for money if you ask me,assuming the Mail hasn`t fucked up again,like the other false dawns they`ve given us over the past few weeks.
well said matey!!

blue dallas said:
thats my point,
i just couldnt be arsed explaining.
28 mill in todays market, is not much for a young ,class, international, proven, ENGLISH,midfielder

The way I see it he's young, he covers lots of ground, he can run all day, he can play anywhere in midfield, he gets assists and scores goals. It might be a bit pricey but I will be pleased to have him in our side as opposed to one of our rivals.

Let's not forget it was Hughes who set the precedent in paying for English talent in paying what he did for Lescott. Villa were never going to let us take their best player cheaply after our dealings last summer.

ono said:
The Fixer said:
28 mill is a big fee but he is English young proven and will only get better imo. I can see this being a ra-act of the bellamy threads in 18 months from now posters saying i can't believe i said that bla bla :O)
Yeah but proven at what? Just being alright, honest and versatile. Like Phil Neville.

can you tell me when Neville won young player of the year you ballsack!

oakiecokie said:
ono said:
Great. We'll pay almost 3 times as much for a player nowhere near as good.

That was 7/8 years ago mate !!!
The world has gone mad with transfers over the past decade,so the valuation for a very good England Player is OK with me.
Don`t you trust the Owner and Khaldoon ?? Everyone was gushing about his superb interview that he gave on OS and people were saying what a brilliant Chairman we have.
Khaldoon and The Sheikh have obviously sanctioned the fee,so why worry.
Lamps turned into one of the best midfielders later on, than Milners 24 years of age and whether you like it or not so did Scholes !!
At least Milner does have PL knowledge.
Value for money if you ask me,assuming the Mail hasn`t fucked up again,like the other false dawns they`ve given us over the past few weeks.
I don't trust Brian Marwood. I'm 100% sure this transfer has zero to do with Mancini, and i highly doubt Khaldoon knows the ins and outs of Milners game. He isn't a very good England player. He's another midfielder who will let the game pass him by. You'll see when he gets his chance at the WC. Chasing shadows, just like he was at Coms a few months ago.

Where do you think he'll be deployed? LW or CM?

What about if we pay 23million and the player £100,000 a week is that as much as a problem ?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_G8q4dC1Oo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_G8q4dC1Oo</a>

Goats left knee said:
ono said:
Yeah but proven at what? Just being alright, honest and versatile. Like Phil Neville.

can you tell me when Neville won young player of the year you ballsack!
What have awards got to do with it? Do you seriously think Ryan Giggs was PFA player of the year in 08/09?

Ashley Young won it the year before Milner and he was valued at something ridiculous aswell.

Just feel we're getting ripped off for a merely good player. No need for the insult.

I really don't care about the fee. It doesn't affect me, it's not my money. I just want to have Milner in our squad. Young, English and can play almost anywhere on the pitch. Get him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.