Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Milner on verge of joining City for £28 Million

Giving a direct rival so much money to spend is just ridiculous if this story has any truth to it!

i think 28mill is a bit steep, but i suppose thats what we get for being the richest club in the world!!

ono said:
The Fixer said:
28 mill is a big fee but he is English young proven and will only get better imo. I can see this being a ra-act of the bellamy threads in 18 months from now posters saying i can't believe i said that bla bla :O)
Yeah but proven at what? Just being alright, honest and versatile. Like Phil Neville.

I'm on the fence ono, like i said it's fair sized fee but on the plus side we would of just signed the prem young footballer of the year, he's versatile mate so thats a string in his bow. He does score goals, his attitude is A1 and if he comes we should get behind him.

Juventino said:
Where do you think he'll be deployed? LW or CM?

To be honest, both. After letting Petrov go, we only have Adam Johnson as a "natural" left winger. Bellamy will of course continue to play there (as it stands with our current squad) but isn't up to the three game a week schedule we will have. I'd expect Milner to primarily play centre-midfield, but be a useful option to play on either wing if needed.

Tricky_Trev said:
I really don't care about the fee. It doesn't affect me, it's not my money. I just want to have Milner in our squad. Young, English and can play almost anywhere on the pitch. Get him in.

this

bluwes said:
£18 million + City premium + English player premium = £28 million
^^^^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^^^^

look ,this is the way it's gonna be for us . A few years ago this sort of money for players were few and far between in fact only players who were classed as world class were bought for this money, but times change , I mean you only need to look at what we pay for fuel now in comparisson to a few years back. Football is a BIG money game, and we have big money thanks to mansor , and with the new ruling coming in for home grown talent milner will do nicely

Tricky_Trev said:
I really don't care about the fee. It doesn't affect me, it's not my money. I just want to have Milner in our squad. Young, English and can play almost anywhere on the pitch. Get him in.

Nail on!

Why do some people worry about value for money.
It is irrelevant

Goats left knee said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_G8q4dC1Oo

And ? Santa Cruz scored 2 against Sunderland ...

Look up Samaras goals on youtube ...

Juventino said:
We're not getting ahead of ourselves, story could be utter bollox!

bluetim said:
Juventino said:

To be honest, both. After letting Petrov go, we only have Adam Johnson as a "natural" left winger. Bellamy will of course continue to play there (as it stands with our current squad) but isn't up to the three game a week schedule we will have. I'd expect Milner to primarily play centre-midfield, but be a useful option to play on either wing if needed.

When you put it like that he sounds like a bargain, lets buy 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.