Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: city make milner bid (SSN)

Andouble said:
Danny Hoekman said:
Did anyone actually realise he was on the pitch three weeks ago?

I don't think the OS lets me go back to old Match Centres but after the game, and he completed I believe 85% of his passes against us. He also almost scored on that tricky free kick on the edge of the box. So yes, he was on the pitch.

Use this http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/chalkboards

leewill31 said:
larderland said:
oh shit i forgot eveyone on here are biased freaks and have forgotten that ireland is a fuking nutjob who has claimed he doesnt like football,if u weere a supporter of any other club ud think the same cos well thats what everyone else thinks,dont get me wrong can be great on his day but imo he wud rather spend time making cars embaressing looking and spend time with his family.milner alll the way for me

took me a couple of times reading your post mate but got there in the end maybe this is the kind of kick up the ass ireland needs competition!

How pathetic is Ireland? Would rather spend time with his family! We should definitely sell.

Oasis_City said:
leewill31 said:
took me a couple of times reading your post mate but got there in the end maybe this is the kind of kick up the ass ireland needs competition!

How pathetic is Ireland? Would rather spend time with his family! We should definitely sell.

apologies about grammar

cannt see why we ae after milner...decidedly average player who will bring very little to the squad we have

all we are doing by buying this guy is giving villa a load of money with which to strenghten their team

Manchester_City_Blue said:
Andouble said:
I don't think the OS lets me go back to old Match Centres but after the game, and he completed I believe 85% of his passes against us. He also almost scored on that tricky free kick on the edge of the box. So yes, he was on the pitch.

Use this http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/chalkboards

right then, 85% of his passes :)

citizens_1976 said:
James Milner won't win us the league. Don't know why we are going for him.

If we got 4th place and were in the Champions League then top players would be more attracted to the club.

We have to understand now that we're still only in the Europa League and that we can realisticly only hope for players in the tier just below, 'world class' players such as James Milner etc. Players who will do the biz and do it well and passionately.

cant see villa accepting to be honest, but maybe milners head will now be turned, a lot rests on chelsea me thinks cus the scum cant afford him, so a lot depends on chelsea, good player but i think hes reached his max potential, bit undecided on this one to be honest

LCBblue said:
citizens_1976 said:
James Milner won't win us the league. Don't know why we are going for him.

If we got 4th place and were in the Champions League then top players would be more attracted to the club.

We have to understand now that we're still only in the Europa League and that we can realisticly only hope for players in the tier just below, 'world class' players such as James Milner etc. Players who will do the biz and do it well and passionately.

i wouldnt even put milner in that second bracket to be honest

£20 mil??

Awfull, awfull target all things considering.

One season of fantastic form (rings some bells for me) and now he's a £20mil player? Where do we play him? RM instead of Johnson/SWP? LM Instead of Bellamy/Johnson CM instead of Barry?

I don't think he's the type of signing who will push us over into CL qualifications, i don't think he's worth anything near £20mil and i haven't been particularly impressed with Barry to think Milner would prove to be anything more than a squad player.

Thats not to say he's awful player... but i don't think he's worth £20mil especially as theres still question marks over his long term consistency.

I think it'd be a really good signing. In the second part of the season we looked very short of options in the centre of midfield. We lacked creativity, and Ireland is our only creative option. If, as i am led to believe (and this comes from a client who is good friends with Stephen) he leaves us (he's had offers from United, Arsenal and Valencia and had an in depth meeting with Baconface), we will be sadly lacking in central midfield options. Milner would be an excellent aquisition, due to his versatility, right mid, left mid and central mid. Lets not forget that if we reach the semi's in the League Cup, the Quarter final in the FA Cup and the same in the Europa, we could end up playing around 60 competitive games next season. Bellamy cannot play that many games in a season. Petrov is leaving and Vieria is no spring chicken. WE NEED OPTIONS. Milner will provide this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.