Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: city make milner bid (SSN)

simon23 said:
LCBblue said:
If we got 4th place and were in the Champions League then top players would be more attracted to the club.

We have to understand now that we're still only in the Europa League and that we can realisticly only hope for players in the tier just below, 'world class' players such as James Milner etc. Players who will do the biz and do it well and passionately.

i wouldnt even put milner in that second bracket to be honest

The same was said about Bellers...

GStar said:
£20 mil??

Awfull, awfull target all things considering.

One season of fantastic form (rings some bells for me) and now he's a £20mil player? Where do we play him? RM instead of Johnson/SWP? LM Instead of Bellamy/Johnson CM instead of Barry?

I don't think he's the type of signing who will push us over into CL qualifications, i don't think he's worth anything near £20mil and i haven't been particularly impressed with Barry to think Milner would prove to be anything more than a squad player.

Thats not to say he's awful player... but i don't think he's worth £20mil especially as theres still question marks over his long term consistency.

i agree with your post, villa got him for like 12mill i think?
he is an average player imo.

And where exactly would this leave Barry and Johnno?

Me personally I'd stick with Ireland. As we all know hes got the talent hes just had an off season, hes not that different from Milner...yeah he might not be as physical but technically Stephen is the better player.

If we're going to buy someone in the position purchase somebody whos potentially world class like Yoann Gourcuff.

Milner will play in middle as an attacking central midfielder he has been cracking for them in that posistion he is no longer a wide player in my eyes.

BillyShears said:
I think you're right to an extent, but I really think it's part of a long term strategy to make sure when it comes to the best English players, we always head the queue. Milner's probably the best English player outside the traditional top 4, and would without question have been headed for Chelsea or the rags if we weren't in the equation.

Also, I don't think this will get dragged out the way the Lescott thing did. Whatever's going to happen I imagine will be done and dusted by the weekend.

I hope you're right Billy, no one wants another protracted transfer saga. I think we will end up paying about £26M for him, I will be surprised if Villa take less.

I can see the sense in buying young English players and I agree it's a good policy.

My main point seems to have been overlooked somewhat, and that is the stick Milner will get if we fork out an over inflated fee and he doesn't become the best player in the world overnight.

Fingers crossed though, I'd love to see Milner in a City shirt.

Id rather have Gourcuff and Gerrard
£20 million is way to high for him he isn't a match winner

stony said:
BillyShears said:
I think you're right to an extent, but I really think it's part of a long term strategy to make sure when it comes to the best English players, we always head the queue. Milner's probably the best English player outside the traditional top 4, and would without question have been headed for Chelsea or the rags if we weren't in the equation.

Also, I don't think this will get dragged out the way the Lescott thing did. Whatever's going to happen I imagine will be done and dusted by the weekend.

I hope you're right Billy, no one wants another protracted transfer saga. I think we will end up paying about £26M for him, I will be surprised if Villa take less.

I can see the sense in buying young English players and I agree it's a good policy.

My main point seems to have been overlooked somewhat, and that is the stick Milner will get if we fork out an over inflated fee and he doesn't become the best player in the world overnight.

Fingers crossed though, I'd love to see Milner in a City shirt.

he will get stick cause he isnt that good at all....average player

I feel a little spoilt saying this but i would be disapointed if this was to turn out true. Not worth anything near to the prices being quoted.

And I have no idea why he won young player of the year instead of Fabregas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.