Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
FishFoot said:
Hello.

As a Villa fan I think the statement is a bit of a nothing really, I think the club are just keeping the fans updated from an official source instead of reading constant dribble on other websites and twitter etc.

Personally, I think Milner is off. I think that Milner and his agent told O'Neill and the CEO this before the World Cup, they've also told them that starting contract negotiations is a no go. I think that O'Neill came out last week and told the fans this and this has upset James, who wants to leave the club without looking like the bad guy.

I think that he had a very good season last year and doubt he'll ever have a better one. £25m would be a very good deal for us, as I don't think he'll be playing week in week out and he is overrated.

I've watched him for the 2 seasons since he signed and the season a few years before on loan.

He does work his socks off, but he's frustrating. Lots of his crosses hit the first defender and he has no pace what so ever.

I just can't see him getting in your side if you sign Balotelli.

Maybe Mr.Barry will help pull the splinters out of his arse?

Paul (Villa fan).

good post mate, welcome to the board!

FantasyIreland said:
Bart said:
To be fair, not that I think Milner will be a fantastic signing for you, but he will do better then Balotelli methinks. Can't believe you are going for Balo. Your dressingroom is bound to explode at some point

It's a chance i'm happy to take,appreciate your in(bred)put though.

I love how pretty much 90% of the replies on this forum is some kinda insults. Is it the gloryhunting 13 y.o. rat infection, or have this forum always had this amount of idiots?

FishFoot said:
Hello.

As a Villa fan I think the statement is a bit of a nothing really, I think the club are just keeping the fans updated from an official source instead of reading constant dribble on other websites and twitter etc.

Personally, I think Milner is off. I think that Milner and his agent told O'Neill and the CEO this before the World Cup, they've also told them that starting contract negotiations is a no go. I think that O'Neill came out last week and told the fans this and this has upset James, who wants to leave the club without looking like the bad guy.

I think that he had a very good season last year and doubt he'll ever have a better one. £25m would be a very good deal for us, as I don't think he'll be playing week in week out and he is overrated.

I've watched him for the 2 seasons since he signed and the season a few years before on loan.

He does work his socks off, but he's frustrating. Lots of his crosses hit the first defender and he has no pace what so ever.

Paul (Villa fan).

It pains me to say this, but I agree 100%. Pointless signing imo.

FishFoot said:
Hello.

Paul (Villa fan).
its ok dude ..if he is crap we will just sub him ..and replace him with another player ...if he has a bad day for villa , you have to stick with him ,nothing better in your squad

hgblue said:
FishFoot said:
Hello.

Paul (Villa fan).

You need to back this up and say why you think it would be a pointless signing.

Pam said:
hgblue said:

If you read the post I've just agreed with you'll get my take on Milner. Decent player but no better than we already have imo. If he's been bought to play out wide, then I'd prefer SWP or Adam Johnson (although I suspect we won't play with wingers this season). Box to box, no better than Yaya or Michael Johnson. Holding, no better than NDJ or Barry. In the hole, no better than Ireland or Silva. Wide in a front three, no better than Tevez or Balotelli. In short, I can see the logic in every signing/potential signing we've made this window, because they strengthen an area where we are weak or lack depth, but I just don't get this one.

Are any of you saying what a pointless signing Milner would be aware of a complete lack of energy in our midfield last season - and also aware of the energy Milner provided for Villa? If Milner was a City player last season I think we would have strolled 4th and possibly pushed Arsenal for 3rd.

He isnt the worlds best but a vast improvement on what we had in the middle of the park last year. Ok we now have Yaya, and if he is out for 6 weeks after the Spuds game??? We go back to the midfield generals of Ireland and Barry? Good look not being overun by Everton again with that! Players like Milner make teams play better, and you probably only really appreciate it when you watch the player control games week after week, and Milner certainly played a pivotal role in a Villa midfield that controlled a lot of games. Can you name any game last season where we bossed midfield? Even in the games we won comfortably it was pretty obvious where our weakness lay. Too easy to sometimes blame the defence when that defence has midfielders running at them unapposed.

Granted he is overpriced at 25 million, but money really isnt an issue, if Villa manage to challenge us due to the money they got for Milner good luck to them - but this will because they overperformed and we underperformed. Villa are not our rivals anymore. If they are next season we deserve another season of failure.

hgblue said:
Pam said:

If you read the post I've just agreed with you'll get my take on Milner. Decent player but no better than we already have imo. If he's been bought to play out wide, then I'd prefer SWP or Adam Johnson (although I suspect we won't play with wingers this season). Box to box, no better than Yaya or Michael Johnson. Holding, no better than NDJ or Barry. In the hole, no better than Ireland or Silva. Wide in a front three, no better than Tevez or Balotelli. In short, I can see the logic in every signing/potential signing we've made this window, because they strengthen an area where we are weak or lack depth, but I just don't get this one.

i hope you noticed the big gaps we had in midfield last season and no body to fill them?

Monkfish said:
Are any of you saying what a pointless signing Milner would be aware of a complete lack of energy in our midfield last season - and also aware of the energy Milner provided for Villa? If Milner was a City player last season I think we would have strolled 4th and possibly pushed Arsenal for 3rd.

He isnt the worlds best but a vast improvement on what we had in the middle of the park last year. Ok we now have Yaya, and if he is out for 6 weeks after the Spuds game??? We go back to the midfield generals of Ireland and Barry? Good look not being overun by Everton again with that! Players like Milner make teams play better, and you probably only really appreciate it when you watch the player control games week after week, and Milner certainly played a pivotal role in a Villa midfield that controlled a lot of games. Can you name any game last season where we bossed midfield? Even in the games we won comfortably it was pretty obvious where our weakness lay. Too easy to sometimes blame the defence when that defence has midfielders running at them unapposed.

Granted he is overpriced at 25 million, but money really isnt an issue, if Villa manage to challenge us due to the money they got for Milner good luck to them - but this will because they overperformed and we underperformed. Villa are not our rivals anymore. If they are next season we deserve another season of failure.

As much as I dont rate Milner I do think he has a very valid point if for any reason we lose Yaya. As much as I like Dejong he couldnt stop Stoke, Everton, Spuds etc last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.