Milner wants out?

Hope this is bollocks.If not then this would be a massive loss.besides the fact that he's English,JM is a top quality player who can play across midfield and excel in all those positions.I suspect though that if he wants to leave and the club can get good money for him,say 15-20m,they'll let him leave to pave way for Macos Lopez,who they rate highly to have more first team opportunities next year.

BigOscar said:
I honestly can't believe that that would be the case though, I think he's just thinking that the grass is greener on the other side, which I suspect he'll find is not true when he gets there. I can't imagine him getting more game time at any top 4 challenging team, yet alone title challengers.
fs8.gif

Puppet Master Silva said:
Any other year and this would be a problem, currently I think it's a disaster. So many English players leaving at once is a real problem, especially with so little English quality around. Shaw and Barkley are the only realistic options that would strengthen us, I think Clyne would be a good option too.
Depending on which club wants him,think we should ask for the OX if its Arsenal,Townsend if spurs,Barkely if Everton,as part of the deal.

Re: James Milner

kramer said:
6one said:
He's deluded if he thinks he should be playing more regularly.
One story claimed he was disappointed to be subbed in the Villa game. He was playing awfully, all his crosses were woeful apart from the one when nasri should have scored.

Another low light was that "cross" that went straight out of play at end of Sunderland 2-2 game. Garbage.

I would hold him to his final year and let him leave for free if he won't sign new deal.
Hardly pulled up trees.
Without us he'd not have 2 PL's, FA Cup and League Cup medals.
We wouldn't make any accounting loss despite what media are trying to spin.

Thought he was happy to be part of the team.

This central midfield business is nonsense too, he's not good enough there

Spot-on
He was in Zabba's way as well once he went off, replaced by Jovetic, we scored 4
I like Milner and think he's one of the extremely important back-ups that every top side needs, but I've also noticed the way he fails to utilize Zaba enough. When Silva plays out there, he's looking for Zaba's run every time, but Milner more often than not uses him as a decoy and then turns inside, usually with much less positive results for the team. Apart from putting Zabs way out of position if we subsequently lose the ball on the edge of the area, it also gets old if you're the full-back making lung-busting 40 yard runs down the line and rarely getting the ball. After a while you stop doing it.
[Edit:] Just run some numbers for the season and Zaba and Milner played together for 1674 minutes (17.8 games at 94 mins/game) and Zaba played without Milner for 2471 minutes (26.3 games at 94 mins/game). During that time, the team averaged 2.2 goals/game with Zaba and Milner together, and 3.2 goals/game with Zaba, but no Milner. The goals against was 1.1 goals/game (Z and M) and 0.8 goals/game (Z without M). So the numbers tend to suggest that the team was less effective when Milner played with Zaba than when he didn't. (Incidentally, the team's goals for and against numbers are also better for Milner without Zaba, than with him, so playing them together was worse for the team than playing either one by himself; from 8.7 games playing Milner but not Zaba , we averaged 2.8 goals/game and conceded 0.9 goals/game)

The odd thing about the rumours of his desire to leave is that I seem to recall he said something like "I want to win a lot more trophies with City" in his interview after the West Ham game.

I doubt he would be starting more games at Arsenal/Chelsea. Also doesnt look like a van Gaal type of player so United out of the story too.
Spurs/Pool there maybe he would start more games, but in Pool's system he could be playing maybe in the middle but again not all the time.
Spurs dont even have a manager yet.

So a team like Everton is the one or weaker teams where Milner could expect about 30 league games per season. He never gets as much here but if he wants that he has to leave for Everton or maybe Spurs. And that means no CL for years probably.

What I would miss is his workrate, he is a good, honest, hard working pro, does the job that is asked from him, works really hard, trackbacks all day if asked, sometimes can deliver good balls into the box, vs top teams when he has some place he can be good enough on the wings...

Not sure that would accept anything less than 15m for him.

Ever since the FFR-sanction was put on our club, stories about our English krop of players started to fill the media. Not too sure what to think about it, other than Lescott who seems a certainty to leave. And the intrest in Sagna seems genuine, so Richards might leave as well.

Lets not forget Milner is the perfect squadplayer and imo should get another 2 year extension. He's not the best, but he is very relaible and hardly ever injured. Stories about him wanting more 1st team football are rubbish. He gets plenty at City and last year I would not be surprised if he played as many as any player from the likes of Everton, Spurs (where he's rumoured to go), Newcastle or Liverpool (to name two who haven't played European football).
If City wants to keep him they need to give him a 2 year extension. One will not do for the player. And with a few talented players from the academy coming through in one or two years, a one year extension might not even do for the club, apart from the homegrown rule.

eversince 76 said:
Ever since the FFR-sanction was put on our club, stories about our English krop of players started to fill the media. Not too sure what to think about it, other than Lescott who seems a certainty to leave. And the intrest in Sagna seems genuine, so Richards might leave as well.

Lets not forget Milner is the perfect squadplayer and imo should get another 2 year extension. He's not the best, but he is very relaible and hardly ever injured. Stories about him wanting more 1st team football are rubbish. He gets plenty at City and last year I would not be surprised if he played as many as any player from the likes of Everton, Spurs (where he's rumoured to go), Newcastle or Liverpool (to name two who haven't played European football).
If City wants to keep him they need to give him a 2 year extension. One will not do for the player. And with a few talented players from the academy coming through in one or two years, a one year extension might not even do for the club, apart from the homegrown rule.

He played the equivalent of 26.5 full games for us last season (15.6 in the Premier League). He'd probably get more than that at a second tier team, but he'd be unlikely to win anything or play in the CL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.