Milner wants out?

Very amusing reading in here all the posters who are now saying he can fuck off and that's he's playing city, based on no quotes. Hes a fantastic player one who we should have played more, I bet if it was some fancy foreign named player you'd all want him to stay.

bleed.blue said:
He is not technically/tactically brilliant enough to command a regular starting place at Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool etc.
He is deluding himself if he thinks he will cement a permanent place in the starting XI at any of these clubs.
I love him for his workrate, never say die attitude and hope we keep him.

I think he would get in ahead of flamini and ahead of Lucas for liverpool. Chelsea don't need him

He could become a regular starter at everton, spurs, liverpool or arsenal

Having thought about it, I think it might just be him and his representatives engaging in a bit of PR. JM is often scapegoated by the manager (first to get subbed off, gets messed around a fair bit, always seems to get taken for a ride because he is such a good pro and doesn't moan). I think his agents are leaking this news as a threat in order to drum up some more support and respect for Milner, from the club. It may be about money but I think there is more to it than that. This is a stunt that puts Milner in a more powerful position, as his agent will know that both the homegrown and the financial constraints mean he has suddenly become so important to us. Classic agent tactics, but one I can't blame him for.

Re: James Milner

Don't know if posted

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/18/arsenal-james-milner-manchester-city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ester-city</a>

The Fat el Hombre said:
Need to convince him to stay at least one more season. Very useful player

Problem is he walks on a free next summer.

Very disappointed that he feels the need to move on. Of all the so called 'squad' players Jimmy's our most important and will be the most difficult to replace in terms of like for like quality. Equally though, FFP sanctions means we need to be creative to strengthen our squad this summer. Might well be that having Milner as "bait" for potential swap deals could prove to be inspired.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
bleed.blue said:
He is not technically/tactically brilliant enough to command a regular starting place at Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool etc.
He is deluding himself if he thinks he will cement a permanent place in the starting XI at any of these clubs.
I love him for his workrate, never say die attitude and hope we keep him.

I think he would get in ahead of flamini and ahead of Lucas for liverpool. Chelsea don't need him

He could become a regular starter at everton, spurs, liverpool or arsenal

Lucas or Flamini, both defensive midfielders which Milner is not. If you're going to compare him with players from other squads at least compare him to his equivalent in them squads.

Shit news as far as I am concerned, arnt we already struggling to meet our quota of home grown/ English players as it is. I am not a doom and gloomer but I really hope City have some of the above type players in the pipeline or things could go tits up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.