Missing woman Nicola Bulley - inquest (P 158)

You could ask the same question about the Madeline McCann case. She wasn't the only child to go missing (and still not be found).

I wonder what makes specific cases of significantly greater interest to the media?

The media are infested with upper middle class snobs on the whole is why. If Kylie from Ancoats was on the piss with her mates on holiday and left her three kids unattended and one went missing, the media would have slaughtered her. She would have been prosecuted and her other kids subject to a protection order at least. Two middle class doctors? Different story.

Similar with this case. Good looking woman, seemingly picture book perfect life suddenly disappears into thin air, great story to sell their papers.

The circumstances surrounding the cases I would guess.

While thankfully not common, I've not read anything in either case as being 'out of the norm' for missing person / abduction cases over many decades.

I really hope Nicola has done a 'Reggie Perrin', if only to know that there isn't a danger to others in the area.

You could ask the same question about the Madeline McCann case. She wasn't the only child to go missing (and still not be found).

I wonder what makes specific cases of significantly greater interest to the media?
middle class people will know who to speak to (press, police etc) how to galvanise the public through a savvy media campaign and will be able to drive the narrative in a way that those with less income would find hard to replicate (usually). The axiom “it’s not what you know...etc” applies here.

I too don't want this to sound out of order, but one factor in this story that will have given it extra 'newsworthyness' is the fact after she went missing her dog was found (dry) without its lead and running around in distress. What would that dog say if it could communicate?
I'm convinced the dog did it. Whatever "it" is.

Can't believe she has willingly gone off somewhere, I doubt she would do that to her children. If it wasn't for the items on the bench I don't think people would be speculating about anything other than that she has gone into the river.
I think she has left the bench in a hurry about something, not thinking she was going to be away more than a few seconds, and that she has fallen in.

Sorry, are other British children regularly going missing from hotel rooms whilst on package holidays and it’s not being reported?

While thankfully not common, I've not read anything in either case as being 'out of the norm' for missing person / abduction cases over many decades.

I really hope Nicola has done a 'Reggie Perrin', if only to know that there isn't a danger to others in the area.
I would say the circumstances for both cases you mention are quite unusual. A wet dog, phone found at the edge of the water and slip marks on the river bank and this case doesn't probably get anywhere near as much attention. Young kid, sleeping while her parents sit round the corner having a good time with their friends, goes missing on a Summer holiday. They are both really quite a mystery.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.