Missing woman Nicola Bulley - inquest (P 158)

I don't mean to sound callous or insensitive (I'm not, though it may come across that way). I'm just wondering why this tragic case in particular, is getting the publicity that it is getting. I'm sure there's plenty of missing women cases every year, and they don't seem to get the media coverage this lady is getting. I could understand it if she'd been murdered, which she hasn't (as of yet, though it doesn't look good at this stage).

Again, apologies if I seem crass/uncaring/insensitive. Trust me, it's not intentional.
It’s not crass.

Around 350,000 missing persons reports are filed in Britain a year. Police confirm around 180,000 people go missing a year (as not all those filed for are missing). Most are found or come back but at any one time there are around 5,000 long-term missing individuals in Britain.

One has made the News. That is odd. It’s an anomaly for this to make the News. So it’s natural to ask, ‘why, this one?’.

The circumstances surrounding the cases I would guess.

In the excellent (fictional) crime drama from 2012 - Broadchurch they make a subtle reference - without mentioning Maddie M. specifically: at one point early on, the story of an 11 year old boys death just isn't getting the press coverage the family want. A journalist says "he's just not the right demographic, now if it was a young girl....."

Furthermore - and I make no judgement here - the parent's of the Mcann child, well Doctors, attractive, & had made a mistake they will live with forever (dining out and not employing a babysitter) plus no body found.... Also, that case hit just as twitter and social media was kicking off. I think a TV company 'outed' a twitter troll who had been making conspiracy theory comments about Maddie Mcann's disappearance and she committed suicide, so there were multiple victims of that situation.

It’s not crass.

Around 350,000 missing persons reports are filed in Britain a year. Police confirm around 180,000 people go missing a year (as not all those filed for are missing). Most are found or come back but at any one time there are around 5,000 long-term missing individuals in Britain.

One has made the News. That is odd. It’s an anomaly for this to make the News. So it’s natural to ask, ‘why, this one?’.

I think you'll find a few do make the news but are quickly forgotten. As I've said in an earlier post a vast proportion are troubled individuals in one way or another so there's reasons they'd go missing. This one is attracting more attention because on the surface there are no reasons she'd go missing. Also the very short timetable she went missing in, the dog and phone still there, it has a very spooky air of mystery to it, especial now she hasn't been found where they expected her to be found.

Fraudsters obtain passports all the time. Once you have a fake passport it's easy to obtain a bank account by applying online. Elite or knowledgeable and patient?

If the account wasn't making transactions it is less likely that it would be uncovered.
Obtaining a fake passport is one thing, and it's not easy even if you know the way fraudsters operate, opening a bank account is another. Banks need 2 forms of ID and they do searches linked to addresses. She would need a second address to set up the account otherwise the 'fake name' account just shows up when they search on the address. In summary, it's incredibly difficult to set up new financial accounts that can't be traced.

There is no way she has done a runner in a way that a quick look at her finances won't confirm or rule out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.