Missing woman Nicola Bulley - inquest (P 158)

If the police were not informed for 2 hours, where did her partner think she had got to?
I wouldnt ring the police if my mrs had been gone for 2 hours with our dogs.
She walks them every morning first thing.

Depends what the routine is doesn't it? My mrs is gone for 30 mins every morning. So yeah if it was 2 hours id be worried, panicky, id have rang her mum, id go walk her usual route . But it would more than 2 hours before ringing the police i think. Who knows tho.

Does this woman take as long every day on the walk or is it some times 30 mins, sometimes 3 hours?

I think her social class and appearance have played a part, but I think the looming presence of the river has raised this disappearance way above the norm more than any other factor. Logic strongly suggests she must have gone in the water and drowned. It’s the most obvious explanation, given the circumstances around her disappearance. And yet despite extensive and intensive searching of the river, no body has been found. If it was just about a mobile phone being found on a bench then the story wouldn’t have gained the momentum it has.

It is the juxtaposition of the (seemingly) obvious explanation with the absence of any associated evidential proof that has drawn people in, because it has greatly enhanced the mystery of her disappearance and given rise to conjecture and speculation, activities that the human mind enjoys engaging in - something this thread suitably demonstrates.
Yes it seems obvious she went in the river. Just odd that the phone was found on the bench. Youd think that the phone wouldve gone in with her rather than places on the bench

Which suggest to me she put it down as she was distracted by maybe the dog, went to the bank and slipped in.
Yet no evidence of her slipping, no evidence of her body in the river it’s a baffling cluster fuck of a case. Sadly don’t se an happy ending.

Surely many people fall in a river without a trace of slipping

could easily happen, fall over a log, trip etc and have a clean fall
Have you seen the banking? Not a chance there are no entry marks it way to big steep for there not to be. I actually don’t believe the river stuff my bet is on her somehow leaving via Garstang Rd the one the cctv was out.

I can remember when a certain Mr. Johnson went missing for a while....
He didn’t fall in though, back to remind us what a great statesman he was :)
People go missing all the time near rivers and canals dreadful for the families mostly we will never find out what happened to them

Last edited:
Have you seen the banking? Not a chance there are no entry marks it way to big steep for there not to be. I actually don’t believe the river stuff my bet is on her somehow leaving via Garstang Rd the one the cctv was out.

Which comes back to the dog .... no dog will just stay put when their owner has walked away like that, unless tied to the bench, which we are told it wasn't.
It would likely stay next to where it's owner had gone into the water though ... but seemingly ruled out now.

Truly baffling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.