Missing woman Nicola Bulley - inquest (P 158)

Precious victims who have fallen into rivers have turned up many weeks later despite extensive searches in the area where they were known to have disappeared. Unless there is evidence of something else then I don't see how it could be anything other than an unfortunate tragedy. There's such a small window of time for a crime to have been committed and how is she removed from the area without being seen?
That’s the problem the evidence is poor at best. Nobody can with 100% accuracy say yes she ended in the river.there’s not a chance she fell in where her phone and dog was. The dive expert even put his reputation on this. Possibly she for whatever reason fell in way further up where the water is tidal.

Lots of scenarios at play, too many questions no answers however 2 weeks on were no further forward so my theory is no water involved and possibly something more sinister at play.

I can't get my head around the fact there was no evidence of her falling in. If you're looking to get something out of the water, or looking into the water, you're sure to ground your feet or find something to hold onto to stop yourself falling. I can't imagine she just fell straight in without any evidence, and then hit her head/got tangled and was never seen again. It just seems really far-fetched.

Ultimately though, it is still the least far-fetched explanation so the one that has probably occurred. The only other scenario for me, is that she wanted away herself and so has gone off of her own accord. But she'd have to have been a genius to have planned it this meticulously - and I think that's beyond most people. The fact she seems to have been of sound mind and had two children makes that very unlikely too.

For all the criticism of the police, it has to be remembered that this case has become a media frenzy. They're doing their best and with the constant scrutiny and reporting there are lots of suggestions which we can all query. We don't hear about cases like this very often, but they do happen, it's just the media aren't as interested because they don't sell papers. They're thriving off the fact this is so unusual and quite keen to make it a mystery.

It's "down" for a start, but it's also about 5 miles away from where her phone and dog were found before it's tidal.
Thanks you know what I mean, if the bench area of river was really choppy tidal fast flowing I think the belief she’s been dragged down stream holds way more weight. Problem is its hardly moving.

Thanks you know what I mean, if the bench area of river was really choppy tidal fast flowing I think the belief she’s been dragged down stream holds way more weight. Problem is is hardly moving.
I've no idea what it was like on Jan 27th, but we'd just had a spell of very wet weather in the weeks before that, so likely completely different conditions to what they show on TV at the moment.

I've no idea what it was like on Jan 27th, but we'd just had a spell of very wet weather in the weeks before that, so likely completely different conditions to what they show on TV at the moment.
I believe Peter faulding mentioned the water was a foot higher but similar conditions.

For those of you interested here are the maximum river levels at St. Michael on Wyre for the period of concern.

DateMax in Ft
27/01/23​
1.57​
28/01/23​
1.47​
29/01/23​
1.74​
30/01/23​
1.64​
31/01/23​
1.57​
01/02/23​
1.51​
02/02/23​
1.52​
03/02/23​
1.58​
04/02/23​
1.40​
05/02/23​
1.39​
06/02/23​
1.37​
07/02/23​
1.35​
08/02/23​
1.31​
09/02/23​
1.31​

For those of you interested here are the maximum river levels at St. Michael on Wyre for the period of concern.

DateMax in Ft
27/01/23​
1.57​
28/01/23​
1.47​
29/01/23​
1.74​
30/01/23​
1.64​
31/01/23​
1.57​
01/02/23​
1.51​
02/02/23​
1.52​
03/02/23​
1.58​
04/02/23​
1.40​
05/02/23​
1.39​
06/02/23​
1.37​
07/02/23​
1.35​
08/02/23​
1.31​
09/02/23​
1.31​
Not a huge difference.

For me it was one of three things... Fell in the river (which i believe she now hasn't given reports), Done a moonlight flit or been kidnapped. Like everyone has been saying, you don't just dissappear.
Hope she is safe and sound but the longer these things go on .....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.