Monaco - Post Match thread.

We had a big change in football quality when Pellegrini won the league and cup double - that was at the very least the equal to what Pep produces - and he did it without the quality at Peps disposal , we failed to improve the squad and have done it again .Pellegrinis team have outscored Peps City and if I'm not proven wrong have conceded less per game aswell ?

Think we are all a bit misty eyed about Pep to be honest , he's got time on his side but this season has been bang average for me , not having this revolutionary stuff to be honest.

I think he's fantastic.

But I don't think we have the players to play the way he wants, especially at the back & we will struggle to get them imo.

But if Pellegrini or Mancini had this Aguero, no other senior strikers & no Kompany, imo neither would have finished top 4.

If we get in the 5/6 players we need will next season again be a season of transition as trying to integrate that number in to the team will be difficult, that means Pep would be under huge pressure in the 3rd season to win the big, big prizes

Can we write this one off to 'transition' as well? We love a bit of transition don't we?

Reminds me of the Arsenal mantra; "Wenger is building a team for the future". For the last 10 years.

Everyone needs to look at the chances we missed, the only chance I thought they were going to score and didn't was Mbappé's first chance which Willy saved. The first chance Aguero had wouldn't have been a big deal for another striker but that's bread and butter for him even if it's hit at speed to him, Sterling could have shot but telegraphed a pass to Aguero which everyone knew was coming, Silva squared it to Kun who takes a heavy touch when he could have hit it first time, Sane had a chance too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.