Monaco - Post Match thread.

What's really annoying is after we scored they looked dead on their feet, they barely came at us and we still contrived to gift them a goal by conceding a daft free kick, then defending poorly. They didn't even have to try hard to score, we were under no pressure. Amateurish. And a long way short of being a top class Euro side.

Typical thing to happen and It has been that way all season ..we have been very unlucky and that moment when they scored absolutely epitomized the season. That was their only chance in the second half.

I think he's fantastic.

But I don't think we have the players to play the way he wants, especially at the back & we will struggle to get them imo.

But if Pellegrini or Mancini had this Aguero, no other senior strikers & no Kompany, imo neither would have finished top 4.

Quite a sensible argument in a sea of insanity

No matter how you look at tonight to score
6 goals in 2 games and get eliminated is fucking criminal.
Despite being in the CL for years we freeze when it matters and whomever is coach doesn't have a clue how to sort it.
Such a shame that some of our world class players will never win it with this team.

plenty raised there concerns before the game. Its not all hindsight.

People raise their concerns before every match.

I still remember the flapping at Kun being benched for Jesus. It was a field day for the Pep Out brigade, until he scored of course.

Blame the fucking manager all you want, again we missed our chances and again our defense isn't good enough. That's the reality and the only way we'll improve is by fixing it.

I take it you are talking about KDB? If so, he was much better 2nd half. We were a bit unlucky to go out and I feel sorry for players, manager and fans who travelled.

Time to regroup and go again. get back in the competition and do better next year.
Of course we were 'a bit unlucky', we always are - when you fail to take your chances and can't defend to save your lives you are always going to be ' a bit unlucky'.
Fact of the matter is a better game plan from the manager tonight would have made all the difference.From the starting line up and that appalling first half through to the failure to shore it up when we had our noses in front at 2-1.
Chelsea and even Leicester would have been able to see that game out.
Our free kick at the end was appalling on so many levels and just about sums up our total naivety.

Although originally sicked I thought I`d be more pissed off than I am

does anyone else feel the same

Yes. And more and more as this season has gone on I've got less and less angry after nights like tonight. Maybe I'm just getting old or maybe I'm just getting used to seeing us wilt in the big games.

Were Monaco taken over after we were? Are they ahead of us then in their project?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.